Chapter 3: Accidents, Coincidences, Oh the Excuses

I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. Slightly shorter than most girls, shoulder-length, wavy black hair, and hazel eyes. My acne has gotten in control, not noticeable at all. Thank the face gods, they have smiled down at me. I combed my hair through my fingers and with one last look, I left the bathroom.

I swung open the door and heard it smack someone. I gasped and looked behind the door. Oh, holy crap. I think the face gods stopped smiling down at me. I smacked Wyatt Matthews.... with a door.

Wyatt massaged his forehead that was bright red. I. Am. So. Dead.

I quickly ran through the hallways, when I heard someone with the exact same voice as Wyatt yelled, "Hey! Hey you!"

That only made me run even faster.

I found my locker and quickly opened it. I did my best to look occupied with my locker. I could feel his presence passing me, stop, and walk back behind me. Everyone in the hallways magically vanished, as if some powerful wizard used a spell to make them vanish. That or the school bell already rang for next period.

"Oh Princess," Wyatt sang.

I panicked and continued to, uh, stare at my locker with nothing but textbooks.

"Princess, I know that was you."

"No you don't," I assured. But it felt I was trying to reassure myself.

He was right behind me, breathing down my neck.

"Yes you do, And I want to know, WHY."

I turned around.

"It was an accident, I swear! I didn't mean too, I never even knew you were coincidental in front of the girl's bathroom. And it's not my fault that the school had it that the door swings forward, not thinking of the safety of innocent kids who were minding their own business as they walk down-"

He put his index finger in front of my lips, making me shush.

"Breathe."

I took a huge breath and exhaled.

"It's okay, Princess. I'm not pissed off, not that much at least. If you were a guy, you would be so dead."

"Oh goody," I said sarcastically.

"That whole door slammed to my face thing just caught me off guard, kay? It's fine, don't have some panic attack or something."

"Oh... okay."

"Good," he put his hands in his pockets. "Shouldn't you be in class by now?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Shouldn't you."

"I ditch, problem?"

"No."

"Nice jacket, by the way."

"Thanks."

We awkwardly stood there when I finally said.

"I'm gonna go now."

He nodded, "Sure."

I walked down the hall, hearing my footsteps on the floor. But not hearing Waytt's. I went to my next classroom, my teacher marking me tardy not even asking why I was late. I didn't pay attention in class, something I don't always do. Something was different about Wyatt today. His hair? His attitude? His clothes? It was on the tip of my tongue. I put my hand in my fashion-saver jacket pockets, this is probably going to keep me up all night.

"Have you heard?!" Brooke demanded.

I yawned, I'm just so tired. Probably because I managed to go through Mr. Dixon's daily boring lecture of History. It's only lunch, just a few more hours until I can be in my sanctuary (which is actually my bed).