Chapter 6: Does This Count As Kidnapping?

School's back, but Brooke isn't. She told me she's staying at New York for three more weeks. Now I'm here all alone, as she's having fun in New York. I'll have an evil smile on my face when she has to face the schoolwork she missed. Since then I've been hanging out the library when I can to do my homework or to read. This will be the last place the guys would look for me, this is my territory.

Luis and Dean appearing in front of me, sitting opposite of me. I jumped back in surprise, why are they here? This is suppose to be my sacred spot.

"Well hello there Autumn." They said in unison wearing a wicked grin.

"Hi Luis, Dean." I said, barely looking up at them.

"What are you doing?" Luis asked.

"Finishing up my homework, something you could never do without any help."

Dean said. "Dude, do you need ice for that burn?"

"Shut up."

"What are you guys doing here? This is my base, you guys can't go into my territory." I said, doing one last math problem.

"This is a library."

"Exactly," finally finished and packing up my stuff. "This is like holy ground to you demons, you can't go here. Why are you here?"

"We're bored." Luis answered, already healed up by the 3rd degree burn I made.

"Then go to Wyatt or Cyrus."

"They went somewhere, family matters." Dean explained.

I have this feeling family matters is some kind of code word. 

"Then why are you here?"

"You're fun."

I looked up from putting my folder in my bag. "I'm... fun?"

"Well yeah. You already burned Luis twice," Dean said.

"And kicked a soccer ball into Dean's guts, you're fun."

"So you think I'm fun because of that?"

"Most girls aren't like you little Autumn." Dean told me as he ruffled my hair.

"Their all make up, and gossip, bleh." Luis made a face. "And you aren't all that, you're funny, you're not scared of us, and you're pretty cute."

I tried not to blush on the last part. 

"So I'm like your uh, friend?"

"Yeah!" They said, nodding. 

Dean linked my arm around mine, making me stand up. Then Luis slinged my backpack around his shoulder. 

"Now let's go!" Dean said as we ran out the library.

"Where?" I asked.

"Anywhere fun!"Luis said as he linked my other arm.

Then they started to skip as they sang, "We're off to see the wizard. The wonderful wizard of Oz!"

Kids watched in confusion on why I'm hanging out with two of the Big Four. The four baddest kids in school, Wyatt, Cyrus, Dean and Luis. I was practically dragged by them as we ran around the school. Does this count as kidnapping?

After lunch is English, Luis and Dean aren't in my class. But they sat at either side of me in class. I was hoping Mr. Ortega will kick these two out of class, but it ended up he had a substitute. She was a petite lady, with her back hair tied to a bun and big spectacles.