Chapter 11: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

"Let's go over the plan one more time," Brooke instructed me, her eyes still on the road.

It's 8 o'clock and we're on our way to the party. Everything is set, all my stuff is in Brooke's room. Of course her dad caught her, but since my mom let me go he let us go. But Brooke will be grounded for the weekend for her failed attempt to sneak out. We've been going over this for the past few hours, so I pretty much know it by heart.

"If one of us is drunk, we'll cover for her. If one of us is gone, but texted we're at someone else's place, we'll cover for her," I said, fully memorized the whole plan. "At the next day, we do not have to go over the events that happened the night before. No matter what."

She nodded. "Good."

I frowned, looking down at myself. "I still don't know why you made me change. I liked my own outfit."

Brooke stared at me like I was crazy. "For Pete's sake Autumn, you were wearing a blue jeans, a graffiti t-shirt and your worn down pair of converse!"

"It's just a birthday, I thought I should dress casual." I said with a shrug.

Okay, maybe it wasn't my proudest outfit. But most of my clothes were in the laundry and it seemed to me that was the only outfit that seemed... worthy. When I came to Brooke's house an hour early she screamed like she was in some horror movie. Brooke screamed so loud, her parents screamed and set a car alarm off. Maybe the last one didn't happen, but it should've. Then she dragged me into her lair or bedroom, whatever you prefer to call it, to work her Brooke magic or what I prefer, Brooke hell.

I'm wearing a cute white top that has a black belt strapped around my waist. It also came with black lace sweater that sleeves came up below my elbows and ripped up, denim short shorts. The only thing she let me keep were my favorite pair of black converse that seemed to match my outfit. But only because I also threatened to throw any high heels she offered me out the window. After the high heels fiasco, she did my hair. My hair is naturally straight that comes up to my shoulder blades, but she curled it a bit. Then she did some light make-up, she wanted to do more but I threatened to dump her hair products down the toilet if she put so much as more eye mascara than possible on me.

"Well either that or you had to wear the dress." She reminded me.

I shivered, "Don't remind me."

She purposely gave me the choice to have her choose my outfit or she'll give me a hideous dress that would make any designer jump off a cliff.

"Besides, this is your first party" -she looked at me, telling me I know what she meant- "you should look worthwhile. Besides, you earn it." Brooke smiled. "You finally got Wyatt to get over me."

I shook my head. "No, he still likes you or whatever."

I didn't tell her the deal, of course. She'll disown me as her best friend and pretend I never existed. You never want Brooke's silent treatments. One time she did that to her boyfriend for forgetting her birthday and he broke down, asking her to forgive him. I just told her that while she was away, I became... friends with the Big Four. At first she didn't think believe, I mean who would? The goody two shoes hanging out with the Big Four, the baddest boys in school? But after she heard the rumors of seeing us all hang out, she instantly believed me.

"Autumn look! We're almost there!"

Already I could see blaring lights coming out a big mansion. Johnny Nelson's girlfriend, whoever she is, must be filthy rich. Brooke parked the car down the street and we walked towards the light. Get it, because the party and the house, and- oh never mind. We could already hear the loud music and we weren't even on the front yard yet. There were clusters of people outside, talking or making out. There were bottles of beer and crushed cans were all over the front yard. It's barely 8 and already the place looks like this.