Chapter 12: Chocolate Sprinkles Anyone?

I can't breathe.

That's what I first realized. My eyes were still closed, I didn't want to know what I want to see. My face was buried in a, uh, hard pillow, a rock pillow. I closed my eyes tighter, I don't know where I am. But it's probably a dream, just a dream.

I'll just snuggle back to sleep, as an arm draped itself... around me.

There's an arm around my waist. An arm, and it's not mine. And a hand was on the back of my head, making me stay where I am. That just made me close my eyes even tighter, burying my face into someone's... chest. A chest with no shirt, a chest with rock, hard abs. I heard a steady heartbeat, the chest rising then lowering as it breathe. The body shifted and rolled over. Now the huge weight is on top of me.

I'm trapped.

Still, I'm going to close my eyes. I'll just pretend this is a huge pillow, no, a huge and fluffy teddy bear. Yeah, I'll go with that. I'm at... Brooke's house and hugging one of her oversize teddy bears. I smiled to the pretend fluffiness of the teddy bear, completely ignoring the warm human skin. I tried to move my legs to push away the... teddy bear, but they were tangled to legs, no, to the bed sheets. That's what I'm going with.

The body, um, bear. Oh, I'm starting to give up. The face nuzzled itself in the crook of my neck. A strong arm snaked around my waist tighter. I ran out of excuses to what this is. And I certainly didn't have an excuse to what happened next. No wait, I have two excuses for this. Either Brooke is playing a nasty joke on me and managed to get a leach on my neck, or there is a vampire sucking my blood. I prefer to either whatever is really happening. Then I started to feel soft, wet kisses trailing down my neck. My face started to turn hot, my cheeks were getting red with embarrassment.

I heard a sigh. "Mmm."

I couldn't take it anymore. My eyes shot wide open and I was staring at the sleeping face of Wyatt Matthews.

That's when I screamed.

I screamed at the top of the lungs, realizing I was sleeping with Wyatt Matthew right on top of me. I summoned all my strength to push him off of me. Then I backed away from the body, crawling backwards on all fours. Then I fell off the bed, crashing onto the floor with my legs still propped up the bed. I screamed again.

I heard Wyatt groan, the bed shifted a bit.

"Autumn?" Wyatt's bed ridden voice called out.

My feet were still propped up on the bed, I shifted them to put it on the floor. I stood up, my body against the wall. I did my best to be as far away from Wyatt as possible. This can't be happening, I pinched myself. Yup, this is happening.

He rubbed the back of his head, now sitting up. Then he yawned and stretched his arms out, which I found really cute. Then I bit my lip for the comment. He rubbed his eyes, looking around the room until he saw me.

Wyatt blinked. "What are you doing all the way over there?" He asked, obviously still asleep. "Let's get back to bed."

"What?" I screeched.

He blinked again, then blushed red. "I-I uh, didn't mean it like-"

But I already bolted out the door.

"Princ- Autumn! Wait!" 

I ran into what looked like the living room. None of this looked familiar to me. Different couches, different wallpaper, there were huge floor to ceiling windows that showed the city skyline. Where am I! I looked down at myself to see I was wearing nothing but a big t-shirt. What am I wearing? My head spun everywhere, I looked back and forth at everything, spinning myself.