Chapter 10: It's too Late to Apologize

"He's looking at you again," Brooke muttered to me, eyeing him.

Brooke finally came back from New York. And I couldn't stop laughing as she carried all her schoolwork she missed for the past three weeks.

"I think he's looking at both of us," I said.

"Mother may we?" Brooke offered.

"Yes we may."

We turned to him and gave Wyatt the finger. But I only saw his eyes were staring at me. I saw him turning away to the other guys, who chuckled at our "distribution of kindness".

Brooke chuckled. "Now his fan club is glaring at us."

We returned the favor to them, then went back to eating.

"Autumn, you have to tell me what's been going on." Brooke begged me. "What happened while I was away? Why do you hate Wyatt as much as I do?"

I shook my head. "We just talk, and I saw the jerk he really is," I half lied.

The truth is that the past couple of days, Wyatt's been trying to apologize to me. And he is really... creative, you could say.

He'd keep texting me, messaging me in Facebook, and he keeps calling me late at night to catch me off guard and say sorry. He also leaves me post it notes in my lockers (probably with the help of Luis and his lock picking skills), and even had his own friends apologize for him. And each and everytime, I don't forgive him.

I know, you're probably think I'm being too harsh. But what he said to me... hit me so hard. No one ever yelled at me like that, and leaved a huge scar to remind me. And what's worse is that I know he's right. What I did with Brooke is unforgivable, I betrayed my best friend. I'm not going to tell her of course, but I still can't break that promise.

I sighed. Wyatt hasn't been bothering me all day. Maybe he finally quit or just ran out of ideas. At least he hasn't thought of breaking into the announcement room and apologize to me in the speakers.

Like that'll ever happen.

Suddenly, we heard feedback from the schools speakers come to life.

"Hello? Testing one, two, three," a familiar voice said.

I groaned and put my head on the table. This can't be happening. This can't be happening. Everyone stopped talking and looked up the ceiling.

"Well hello, students of Strautlan High!" Luis's voice exclaimed. "This is your handsome, and single host, Luis Stinson coming to you live from the announcement room!"

There was a large thud, that startled everyone.

"You idiot! You gave away our location!" Dean yelled.

"They already know our location! We're using the speakers, duh."

"Oh right."

I heard Cyrus sigh, sounding really bored. "I'll go barricade the door or something."

I couldn't help but chuckle, they'll never change.

"Hey Autumn, are you listening?" Luis asked.

All eyes fell on me. I looked around, everyone had their jaws dropped. Even Brooke's jaw was dropped. I wouldn't be surprised if it fell off the floor. Maybe I should get some duck tape to hold it up for her...

"Way to go, Luis," I grumbled.

"Well we have a special message from your jerk of a friend, Wyatt Matthews!"

I heard gasps coming from everyone. Then they all started to whisper, probably gossips and rumors about me.

"Shut the hell up, Luis!" I heard Wyatt yell.