Hatchling Spotted

Natsu's POV

"What color is your hatchling?" I tilt  my head and ask. "His scales are a mixture of gray and purple. He smells like grapes and dirt" I chuckle. "Alright." "Natsu?" "Hm?" I look down at Lucy. "Should we spread out?" I tilt my head. "Aren't you the smart one in the group?" I say ignoring the heys coming from sting and Rouge. But Lucy nods "I guess. Fairies don't have strong noses like you guys do so I'll go with you and Yukino can go with Sting. Rouge will go by himself and so will Wisteria." I grin when everyone nods. Lucy glances at me then grabs some keys from her key pouch on her hip. "Open gate of the Maiden! Virgo! Open gate of the Lion! Leo!" "Punishment?" "Yes beautiful?" Lucy and Yukino Sweatdrop, the rest of us tilting our heads. "NO! No. Stop flattering me Loke. I need your help finding a hatchling" "Dragon? What does it look like?" "Mixture of purple and gray scales. I need you guys to spread out and search." "Anything for you" "Punishment?" "No! Just come back to me when you find him." Both spirits disappear. "What was that?" I ask Lucy. She only sweatdrops. "They have their own personalities. Weird ones at that." I whistle. "Says the weirdo" "Says the idiot" I pout. "Your so mean!"

Me and Lucy fly around the mountains. "Any scents Natsu?" I shake my head. "Nope. Lets land." We slowly float to the ground and land on our feet. "Hm~. This hatchling is awesome at hiding." "Hiding?" I look at Lucy and answer her question. "If the kid was lost he'd be able to call his mom back but he's not. Which means he's hiding. But why? That is what I don't know." "Well what do you know? You are pretty smart." I roll my eyes. "I didn't sleep through every lesson you know. The call a hatchling makes is either when they are lost or in danger. The mom dragon will instantly know where the hatchling is. The mother will stop at nothing to get their kid back." "That's cool. When fairy babies get lost they shoot magic into the air. Any fairy nearby will go and save the kid. Its not as handy as a dragon's call but it's handy and slightly risky" "Why risky?" "Not every Fairy is love and friendship."

About five hours later, Loke appears. "Hey beautiful. We found him." I lift an eyebrow when Lucy blushes and nods. "Thanks Loke. Can you show us where it is?" "Sure. If you would both follow me." He some how turns into a lion and flies into the air with no wings. I look at Lucy and see her shrug at me. We both take to the skies.