Lone Journey

Natsu's POV

I had a small bag over a shoulder my shoulder and Happy flying by my side. I find a giant pig looking monster. Me and Happy start drooling. I swing my arm in circles and punch the thing in the face with my fist on fire. The pig falls over, dead. I wince, I hate killing things. An image of Lucy covered in blood pops in my head. I close my eyes and sigh. "Natzu?" I look at Happy. "Yeah bud?" "Are you alright?" I sigh and run my hand through my hair. "Yeah, just, thinking about Lucy" "Lushi? Why?" I blush slightly and shake my head. Then I hear. "HEY! THAT WAS MINE!" I look down and see a man in a cloak, I was standing on top of the giant pig. "First come first serve!" I jump off the pig and look at the man. "We can share this thing right? I mean, its bigger than a house" I blink. "Sure"

I take a bite of the cooked pig leg. "My name's Gildarts, may I ask what creature you are?" I take another bite. "Names Natsu, I'm a dragon" He spits out the meat from his mouth. "Dragon!" I grin then frown. "Hey, what's wrong?" I lower the leg. "I-, well." I sigh and shake my head. "Nothing, we just came out of a war with the dark ones. We teamed up with the fairies-" an image of a smiling Lucy appears in my mind. I shake my head, blushing. "-and with the Lamia, Pegasus, and Mermaids." Gildarts frowns. "Yeah I heard about the war. You guys won so what's the problem?" I grit my teeth. "My father, the king, died. The dragons and fairies have combined into a single kingdom called 'Fairy Tail'" Gildarts clenches his jaw together. "I'm sorry man. Oh, and the combining thing hasn't reached the humans yet" I tilt my head. "What territory am I in anyways?" "Human" I look down at the bone of the leg I previously ate. "Ok" I feel a large hand on my shoulder. "Hey, lets go to sleep. I'll show you around tomorrow" I nod. "Thanks man" "Anytime"

I couldn't sleep, so I found a waterfall to sit in front of. I smell Gildarts appearing from behind. "Girl on your mind?" I blush and look up. He points his thumb at his chest. "Hey, you can talk to me" I smile sadly. I point up at the stars. "Well, first off, she's as beautiful as the stars. I-I left her so I could travel and train." I blush harder then Gildarts smiles. "I-I only realized that I love her when I wrote her a letter." I turn red. He puts a hand on my head and ruffles my hair. "Then confess to her." I sigh. "What if she doesn't like me back?" Gildarts pats my head. "She will. I have a feeling." I smile. "Thanks pops" "Pops?" I wave a hand. "You seem like a father figure so I thought why not call you pops?" Gildarts smiles. "Alright then. Lets go to sleep" I nod. Gildarts chuckles. "Do have too many erotic dreams." I turn red. "I DONT HAVE EROTIC DREAMS!"