Year Later

Lucy's POV

"I'm sorry you have to do this Gray" "Not a problem. I just don't understand why it's acting up" I shrug. "I don't know either." "hmm." We were restoring the border between Fairy Tail and the old dragon country. We still have to restore it. Me and Gray cut our wrists, put them together and are currently letting the blood drip on the border. It's been a year since then. Natsu hasn't come back. I sigh. "Something wrong Lucy?" I look up at the dragon who has ice wings and tail. I shake my head. "No just curious" "I know that look. Just wait, he'll come back." I nod sadly. "I know its just-" "Can't help but feel like he's not coming back?" I blink in shock. "Yeah, how do you know?" Gray sighs. "well, I grew up with a human named Ur along with Lyon. My original parents were killed by a demon named Deliora. Ur took me in and trained me in ice, even though I was an ice dragon, she sacrificed herself to kill Deliora. Lyon left then I went to the dragon tails." (That will be the name of the dragon kingdom before it joined with the fairies)

Me and Gray separate our wrists and wipe the blood off. "I didn't know that Gray" "Well now you do." I smile. "Well, lets head back before Juvia goes crazy" He sweatdrops. "Yeah" We start walking back. I sigh and look up at the blue sky. "GRAY-SAMA!" "OW!" I blink. Juvia just tackled Gray to the ground. "JUVIA MISSED YOU! WHY WERE YOU WITH LOVE-RIVAL!?" I only shake my head and walk away. I want to go home and do my usual. I'm still in a state of depression. I always have since Natsu left. I curl up on my bed, covered in blankets and in the corner of the wall my bed is in, and write my feelings down on paper. I flap my fairy wings and fly over to my house. "Lucy!" I blink and look down. It was Erza. I land in front of her. Erza smiles at me. "Can we fly and talk?" I nod and smile. "Sure!" Erza uncovers her wings, they were always invisible, and I look at them in awe. Her wings were made out of silver swords. "First time seeing my wings?" I nod. "Yeah. They're really cool!" We both smile at each other then fly up in the air.

"So Lucy, how are you doing? It's been a while since we talked" I nod. "Yeah. I'm fine just bored." "Bored?" "yeah." "Oh~ it's Natsu isn't it?" I blush slightly while nodding. "Yeah. What about you and Jellal?" Erza turns as red as her hair and starts stammering. "I-I a-a, Y-y-y-y-y-yeah" I giggle. "So~ what happened?" Erza squeaks. "How did you find out?" I put a finger on my mouth and giggle. "I just know you so well." Erza sighs as her face goes normal. "Well, we were walking on the beach. We almost kissed but he pushed my shoulders away saying 'I-I can't, I have a fiancé' So he walked away." I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. "You know he was-" "Lying? Of course I know he was. I've known him since we were little" I look at her questionably. "For how long?" She waves a hand. "That is a story for another day. Anyways, I've noticed you have gotten paler and paler with bags under your eyes more and more." I blink.

My mouth opens in shock and I stutter. "I-I-I U-um" "Lucy, don't lie to me, what's going on?" Tears go in the corner of my eyes. "I-I, I-its the nightmares" "Nightmares?" I nod. "Of what happened to the Heartfilia clan" Erza's eyes widen then soften. "Come here" I hug her. She rubs circles on my back. "What brought up these nightmares?" I sigh into her shoulder. "I don't know. They started a few weeks after the war. I don't know why or how but they just came up." Erza smiles sadly. "I don't know either. Lets go get some coffee." I pull out of the hug and nod. "Ok" We fly back into the city and towards a small Café. A waiter walks up to us, he was a dragon. "Hi, welcome! What will you have?" Erza talks for me. "Two coffees, a slice of strawberry cake and a slice of chocolate cake" The waiter writes it all down and nods, smiling. "Ok I have your order, anything else?" I shake my head. "No thanks." The waiter walks away.

"this place has the best coffee in town" Erza says smiling. I sigh and put my head on my hand. "Really?" She nods. "Yep. But they don't have the best cake. It's good, just not the best." I smile. "thanks for cheering me up Erza. Hey, by the way, why is the barrier acting up?" Erza frowns. "It is? The council didn't tell me" I blink. "Well they told me and Gray to fix it. They wouldn't tell me why it's acting funny" Erza narrows her eyes. "the council is hiding something" I nod but whisper. "Lets have Levy investigate with Gajeel since they work in the council." Erza nods. "They are close to Warrod to, the forth in the kings of Ishigar." The waiter comes back with a tray in his hands. Two mugs with steaming coffee and two slices of cake. He lowers the tray and sets everything on the table. "Here you go, thanks for waiting. That'll be twenty jewel." Erza gives him the jewel. The waiter smiles and walks back inside, we were seated outside. I grab my mug and blow on the coffee. I take a sip. I widen my eyes. "Its delicious!" Erza takes a sip of her own coffee. "I told you its the best in town"  I nod.

I bought some of the cafe's coffee beans and headed home after me and Erza drank our coffee, ate our cake slices, then hugged before we parted ways. It was weird not seeing Erza in her queen armor. Now I'm unlocking my door. I sigh and close the door behind me. I set the bag of beans in the cupboard and walk over to my bed. I requip into some pjs and plop down onto my bed.  I curl under the blankets and shove my face into my fluffy pillow. I sigh and put a hand under my left eye. How did Erza see my bags from under makeup? Oh well, I'll ask her later. I yawn and fall asleep.

I feel someone messing with my bangs. I yawn and slowly open my eyes. I blink, trying to get my eyes adjusted to the dark. I freeze in shock. Natsu was curled under the blankets, on his side and facing me with his eyes open as he pushes my bangs out of my eyes constantly. "Nat-su?" He smiles softly. "I'm home Lucy" I blink. I hug him quickly. "I'm not dreaming am I?" He chuckles and shakes his head. "Nope. I got back an hour ago." "You dork. You should of woke me up then" He shrugs. He pulls me on top of him. My head on his chest. Our tails intertwine and his wings wrap around me. "Lucy?" "Hmm~" "can you cut my hair in the morning?" I yawn and nuzzle his bare chest. "Why?" "You'll see" I smile. "Sure." I fall asleep again, with no nightmares.