Chapter Four

Have you seen the new characters for the book yet? I changed Nate to Dylan O'Brien, I think he fits the part better.~ ENJOYY(:

Chapter Four

After fourth period, lunch rolls around. This school was a lot bigger than any of the other schools I'd been to. Our school mascot was a Shark, so our school colors were dark blue and white. The halls had white brick walls and white concrete floors. There were pictures of our current and old Football teams plastered all over the walls, along with a few photos of Band kids and other school spirit decorations. It seemed as if I could fit in pretty easily here, especially since I was on my way to a new friend already.

As I continue my search for the cafeteria, I also keep my eye on the people I pass in hopes that I'd run back into Callie. I haven't seen her since my first period class, so I had no idea where she'd be coming from.

She seems pretty cool, she's really nice. I can see us being good friends, but she has something about her that seems different... not necessarily in a bad way, though. In a familiar way. If I'm lucky, maybe she's an undercover Vampire as well.

After aimlessly roaming the hall for what seemed like hours, I make a turn in hopes that it would lead me closer to my destination. In doing so, I run into someone and cause them to drop their books in their hand. Without looking, I immediately apologize and crouch to the floor to help them gather their books. As I'm down here, I see the familiar bootcut jeans and slip-on vans. I look up to see Callie staring at me nervously.

"Oh, Hi!" I say with a smile, standing back to my feet and giving her the books that were dropped. "I was trying to find you, and the cafeteria."

"Hi, and um... Follow me." She says, her eyes trailing down the hall behind me, then behind her back. I nod and follow after her as she turns down the hall I had come from. The longer I'm following her the more I've noticed that the halls have drained of people, causing me to look around.

"Where is every-" I'm cut off when I feel Callie's arm push against my throat with force, causing me to slam against the wall. 

What the hell?

"I know you're a vampire, what the hell do you want with me?" She snarls, pure disgust in her eyes. "How can you even see what I am?" 

So, I saved this girl from bullies for this?

"How did you? -" I start, then stop when a yellow ring appears around her pupils. "Wolf..." I gasp. A flash of confusion covers her eyes for a split second, then is replaced with her angry expression, a growl escaping her lips. With a squint of my eyes, I use my speed to reverse our position so I'm now the one holding her up. The confused expression covered her face once again, most likely due to the fact that a regular wolf would be stronger than a Vampire.

Not me, though.

"Why didn't you tell me you were a wolf!" I practically scream at her, then realize how dumb of a question that was. "Well, it's obvious why you didn't tell me, but how couldn't I tell?" I use a little more force on her throat.

"Because I-" Her voice was throaty. "Unlike other wolves- use perfume to cover up the smell." She licks her teeth, as if she's waiting for me to do something.

Stupid wolf, does she have a death wish? She obviously doesn't know who I am.

"No there's more, I would still be able to smell a mutt from a mile away," I growl. "What else do you do?" 

She doesn't respond, just continues to watch me as if she were trying to prepare for my next move. I grow impatient with her, seeing her smirk at me. My vision turns red as I extend my fangs at her, in hopes to intimidate her.