Chapter Fifteen

I do want to say that I am currently in my third trimester of pregnancy, and in being so I haven't had much time to write and update, but I will definitely make time. Thank you for all the patience and support, especially to those of you who have been reading this book since 2012.

By the time it's finished I hope I'll be able to publish it on paper back❣️

Chapter Fifteen

A sigh escaped my lips as I was faced with the front glass doors to the school.

Today hasn't started off very well.

First the dream, then the mark.

Thankfully, I managed to get passed Nate without him seeing it. I just told him I cut myself with a razor on accident. He hesitated before believing it, but it was obvious that he's still suspicious. Just as with everything else, though- he doesn't push for more information. And for that I'm grateful.

After replacing my JanSport with my history and math textbooks, I close my locker and make my way toward my first period. As time has passed, I've noticed that the symbol on my arm has changed slightly. The black lining has gotten darker, and the line in the middle resembles the letter "I" capitalized. There was no doubt in my mind about finding out what it means. My first idea was to go to the nearest library and see if there's anything- but since my lineage goes back hundreds of years, I'd doubt that they'd have the information I need.

Living in a world of humans who don't believe in other beings- I figure finding the information I need would be impossible. Unless I speak to a witch.

"Alright class," Our teacher claps his hands to gather everyone's attention after the bell signals us to start class. "When I say your name please say here." 

I notice that Callie didn't make it to roll call, which made me a little upset. I was hoping she'd be here today so that I could at least speak to her about this. With everything she knew about my parents, it wouldn't be a long shot in asking if she knew anything about this symbol or rather if she'd ever seen it.

Behind me, there was a whisper of my name. I decided to ignore it, knowing exactly who's voice it'd been coming from. Again, my name was whispered but this time a little louder. With a roll of my eyes, I continue to try and focus on today's lecture. This time, a piece of paper was thrown at the back of my head which made me whip around to glare at the one and only Brad.

"What!" I whisper harshly.

"Ask to go to the bathroom," he whispers back, causing me to raise my eyebrows.

Is this guy serious?

"What? Why would I do that?"

"Just do it!" He whispers a little louder. I roll my eyes at him, debating whether or not this would be a bad idea. Though, since he's human I don't see any danger coming my way. I decide that there'd be no harm, and now I was curious as to what he needed to talk to me about seen as how I'd never had a genuine conversation with him. After a moment, I lift my palm into the air, gaining a nod from my teacher.

"Can I use to restroom, please?" I ask, gaining yet another nod before he continued with his lecture. 

"Ill meet you there." I hear Brad say as I stand to my feet.

After taking two laps around the halls, I notice that I'd never actually used the bathrooms in this school. So, I had no idea where I was going, nor much of a clue on how to get back to class. I guess I can just retrace my steps- but getting lost was much more fun. 

While being too caught up in my mind, a small gasp escapes my lips when I feel my body come in contact with another. The girl's blonde hair smacked my face as our shoulders shoved passed each other, causing me to snap back to reality to make sure I didn't hurt her.