Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

I was awakened by the unfamiliar feeling of warmth from the sunlight on my skin, and the heat radiating off of the covers tucked into the corners of my bed. My eyes fluttered open and as I attempt to get up, realizing that I'm not the only person in my bed. Nate was the extra weight in the bed, the blanket wrapped between his legs and the rest of it over my body. I noticed that his arm was still wrapped securely around my waist. I turned my head to look at him, before slowly and cautiously turning the rest of my body to face him.

Nate was undeniably breath-taking, and being so close to him made me realize it. Even in his sleep, his eyes seemed kind. He seemed so pure, so tired and peaceful.

For now, at least.

His plump lips were parted ever so slightly, but his body stayed still. He didn't move at all- there was no need, he didn't need to breathe. He was a full vampire, but even still his lips looked so soft.

A small smile spreads across my own lips as I brought my fingers up to trace over his skin.

For some reason, I want to be closer to him. I feel so safe when I'm around him. Ever since he decided to stay with me for the night due to my nightmare, I've felt okay about the whole him staying here situation. Usually, my nightmares only show up as a warning. Sometimes though, it's just me thinking about it too much before I go to sleep, so I end up having the same nightmare. Because I was talking about it so much and thinking about how I can barely sleep most of the time- I'm sure that's the reason I had one tonight. We've been here about two days- there's no way he has found us so soon.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when Nate smiles and tightens his grip around my waist, pulling me closer to him. My mouth falls open a bit, but I quickly close it as his eyes lazily open.

"Good morning, beautiful." He let out in a tired voice, flashing me a lazy smile to match his gaze.

"Morning.." I let out awkwardly. "Want to let go of me so I can get something to eat?"

"No, I like this position." He winks. I roll my eyes and attempt to get up, pushing away from his chest. He only tightens his grip, hiding his face in my chest. He then flips me over so he's on top of me, crushing my body with his own.

"Can you not?" I grunt slightly, watching as he lifts his head to stare down at me. While trying to keep my cool I cross my arms over my chest. He smiles then shakes his head.

"I cannot not." He says and I roll my eyes. He watched me for a second, then his eyes fell to my lips. He smiles slightly then begins to lean closer toward me. I immediately turn my head, his words from yesterday about me being easy still playing in my mind. "Oh, come on. Don't be like that."

"Like what?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You know you want to kiss me." He smirks.

"Well, obviously I don't." I scoff. I then push his body off of mine, offended that he thinks he can get whatever he wants out of me. He looked at me with a sort of shocked and hurt expression as I crawled out of the bed.

I definitely wanted to kiss him. But I won't allow myself to. He doesn't deserve to be forgiven so easily.

"Snow, can we talk?" He asks softly. I shake my head, my fists balling at my sides.

"There's nothing to talk about." I glare at him, leaving my room with a slam of the door. I let out a deep breath, then make my way to the stairs- which seemed like it had been a very very bad idea when I was swept off of my feet and thrown over Nate's very muscular shoulder.