Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Nate's POV

Snow was different than any of the girls I had met before. On one hand, she wasn't even full human or vampire. She smelled like she was a human, and her heart beats. She has blood rushing through her veins... I've never met anyone like her- and that must be why I'm so drawn to her. But she's also a little frightening at the same time. Her dreams... the way she shakes at night and mumbles things like "no, stop!" or "Help me please". I was awoken by her a few times last night, but I wonder if she even remembers it because this morning, she's said nothing about it.

"So, where do you plan on taking me?" Snow asked me as I continued to lead her down the stairs, our fingers intertwined.

"You'll see." I answer simply.

I had an idea about where I could take her, seen as how she was new to California, I figured that taking her to one of the biggest attractions out here would be fun for her. When we approach the front door, I motion for her to walk ahead of me after opening it. She follows suit, allowing me to close it behind us. I see that she's almost to the car by the time I turn around, causing me to use my speed to make it to the passenger door to open it for her before she approaches. She flashes me a smile before dipping her head to enter the car, the image making me feel as if my own heart could beat again.

Upon closing her door, I felt nothing but confusion within myself.

Not once in my life have I felt anything like this- not even when I was human. I couldn't genuinely have feelings for this girl, there was no way.

After all, this was just supposed to be a bet.

"Just pick out the girl and ill have her wrapped around my finger in two weeks tops." I smirk, leaning back on the brick wall.

"What about your girlfriend?" Shawn asked me, raising his eyebrows.

"What about her? What she doesn't know won't hurt her," I flashed him a small smirk. He laughed a bit, shaking his head at me. I sort of dozed out of the conversation when I noticed a girl that I had seen earlier in the day- but didn't recognize. The new girl, and god was she gorgeous. She seemed a little uneasy as she looked through the crowd, then her blue eyes stopped as they met my own.

"Her." Shawn says, and I let out a small laugh, my eyes not leaving hers.

"Easy."

Snows POV

"I love the way this baby roars," Nate was in awe with my car, pressing down on the gas to hear the engine purring.

"What is there to even do in California?" I asked him, my eyes on the scenery of the dead grass and tall mountains.

"Just about everything," He chuckled. "What do you want to do first?"

"You decide, I don't know." 

Why is he asking me? I've never really been able to go sight-seeing.

He let out another small chuckle, one of his hands coming to rest on my thigh. The feeling of his cold hand made my body shiver with goosebumps, but I refused to show him his effect on me. Usually, his touch would cause an immediate reaction, but this time I choked back all of the emotions running through me and continued to stare out of the window.

Not too long later, I notice we've approached an open parking lot where dozens of other cars were parked. We pull in line behind a white truck, waiting patiently to get up close to the woman who was standing in a small canopy. After the truck in front of us pulls away, it's our turn. Nate hands the woman money from his wallet, then follows suit behind the truck.

The parking lot was full of cars and humans everywhere. I didn't know what to expect, it was as if this were another school that he wanted us to attend- but there was no building. We parked a few moments later, our vehicle residing in front of a large steel fence.

When he turned the car off, I cautiously got out, hoping not to scratch the car beside my door that was way too close for comfort. The second I leave the car; my nose is infiltrated with all of the different scents of human blood coming from practically every direction.

And then it hits me.

There's no way I can control myself... There are too many people, and I haven't fed today. This isn't good.

"Snow are you alright?" Nate asks, grabbing my hand which in turn pulls me out of my trance.

"Uh..." I shudder. The wind blows as a family of four walk by. I felt as if I were losing control by the second, my fangs involuntarily growing and my eyes beginning to glow red. I tried with everything in me to stay as calm and collected as I could. Nate's expression dropped as realization spread through him, and his hands immediately cupped my shoulders in a protective way.

"Shit. You didn't feed today, did you?" He asked while pushing me toward the car and blocking me with his body so no one could see. Closing my eyes, I ignore him, listening to the sounds of beating hearts around me. I hear the car door beside me open, then feel Nate push me back into my seat. With a small growl, I use every ounce of my strength to keep myself from opening the door and pouncing on the first person I see.

Snow, this isn't you. You're just hungry. You're not you when you're hungry.

I could hear the tires outside of the car screech as Nate did his best to get us away from the parking lot as quickly as possible. The longer we had drove, the more I began to feel my control. With a final breath, I open my eyes to see that we'd been on our way back to the house.

"Sorry..." He mutters. I want to say something, but I don't. 

Even though it wasn't his fault, I just felt as if I shouldn't.

Heyyyyy Loves! (Sorry for mistakes!!!!)

OMG 800+ Reads!! AHHH I love you guys soooo much!!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Shoutout too @jessielynnx123 For guessing Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran right!!!! Here's the new song!

Ayo Never let go of me, hold tight its gonna get hard to breathe. Never never let you drown, even when were goin down.

First person to guess gets a Shoutout!!!!