--20--

Liam's POV:

I wanted her.

Every part of me wanted her.

But I couldn't.

She wasn't mine to have.

But somehow when I asked her to come over to help me study for some tests, she still came.

We were sitting on my bedroom floor; the tele playing quietly in the background. Our schoolbooks were scattered all over the floor along with some papers. She had a pen behind her ear and a pencil in her mouth; her eyes never peered away from her notebook. Just once, I wanted her to look up at me and smile the way she does when she looks at him. Him meaning the guy she's in love with. No, it's not her boyfriend, but it is a guy we go to school with. He knows she likes him and all he does is string her along; play with her heart.

"Liam!"

I shook my head quickly and focused on the girl staring at me. The pencil was no longer in her mouth but between her fingers; she was twirling it around.

"Uh...yeah?"

"You were staring at me again..."

I felt my cheeks get warm. She had been catching me staring at her all night.

"I'm...I'm sorry..."

Then it came. The smile I wanted her to smile at me.

"Liam, you don't have to be sorry. But what you can do is answer the question I asked you."

When I hadn't said anything, her smile got bigger.

"You didn't hear the question...did you, Liam?"

I shook my head in disappoint ment. It was like I couldn't function properly around her. And when she began to laugh, it felt like my heart stopped.

"I had asked you what the top three needs of a women are."

Ah, marriage and family. It was quite an interesting class. A class that would prepare us for when we'd actually get married and start a family. Hence why it's called Marriage and Family.

"Do you need me to repeat the question?"

I shook my head no.

"The top three needs of a woman are: To be cared for, to be understood and to be respected."

I smiled because I would do that for her, and I knew he wouldn't.

"Very good, Liam," she said.

Her gaze went back to her notebook; she was searching for another question. But all I wanted her to do was smile at me again.

"Okay...here's another question for you, Liam..." she slowly brought her gaze to mine, "what are some of the--" but she stopped talking.

I was staring at her again and probably had a goofy grin on my face.

"L-Liam...why are you staring at me like that?"

I shook my head again and blinked a few times.

"You're...you're just so...beautiful," I admitted to her.

The smile appeared again.

"You don't really mean that..."

"Oh, but I do."

Her smile got bigger.

"I like you...a lot, (y/n)."

I brought my hands up to my mouth. I mean, I did want her to know...but not when she was in love with someone else. I had no chance against that guy. He was much more stronger than I was but I knew I could take care of (y/n) better.

"What did you say?" she asked softly.

I removed my hands from my mouth and let out a long breath of air.

"I...I said that I like you a lot..."

I wasn't sure what her reaction was going to be when she heard it a second time. I expected her to say "you can't like me because..." but she didn't say anything. She just took her notebook out of her lap and pushed the books that were between her and I out of the way. She then slowly crawled towards me. When she reached me, she sat down; our knees where touching. I looked down just as she placed her hands on my legs.

"Liam..."

Her voice was almost too quiet for my ears. I looked up and into her eyes. Being this close to her, I realized how beautiful her eyes really were.

"D-don't move..." she ordered.

So I did what I was told; I didn't move. Her eyes kept looking back and forth between my lips and my own eyes. She softly exhaled then slowly leaned in. I always pictured how her lips would feel against mine; soft and warm. And they were exactly that. I wanted so bad to pull her into me to deepen this kiss, but she told me not to move. When I felt her put a little more force into the kiss, I fell backwards and as a reflex I just reached out and grabbed onto her. My back was on the floor now and she was laying on my chest...and surprisingly, our lips were still pressed together. She pulled away and I could see that her cheeks were red.

"You don't know how long I've waited to hear that you like me, Liam. I was for sure it was never going to happen..."

I didn't understand why she was whispering; it's not like my parents are gonna walk in and catch us in the position that we're in.

"Wait...so you like me too?"

She bit her lip and nodded. I was in compete shock. (y/n) actually liked me.

"But what about him? The guy you were in love with?"

Her giggles felt funny against my chest as they past her lips.

"You have always been him, Liam. I've always been in love with you. And the him you're thinking about...he knew I was only doing those things to get you to finally say you like me."

So he was in on all this too? I couldn't believe it. So she was mine after all.

------------

-Ari Horan-