--Liam Imagine--

||

A loud banging sound sent you jumping out of bed.

You were still disoriented from being asleep when the banging came again. Fumbling with your bedroom door, you slowly walk down the hallway. You put your arms out to the side to keep yourself from tipping over. You had no clue what time it was.

When you look through the peephole in the front door, you see Liam standing there. He was rubbing his arms frantically and he kept looking over his shoulder. You unlock your door and open it. Liam comes rushing in.

"Sure Li. Come right in," you say sarcastically as you shut the door.

"I'm sorry (y/n)...I hope I wasn't interrupting anything," he says.

"Oh, you know. Only interrupting my sleep. But other than that, nope."

He looks at the clock on the wall. "I didn't realize it was 3:30 in the morning," he whispers.

"Three thirty!" you scream.

"I'm sorry (y/n)."

"Are you trying to kill me, Liam?" He shakes his head no and you sigh. "What exactly did you come over here for?" You watch as he bites down on his bottom lip and stares at you. "Liam..." You probably blinked three times before youu realized he was standing in front of you.

His breath was hitting your neck. Why was he this close to you? Before you could ask why he was this close, his lips met with yours. It completely shocks you, but you kiss him back and that shocks him because he pulls away.

"I should probably...go," Liam says as he runs his fingers through his hair.

Now you were confused.

He kisses you and now he wants to leave? "You don't have to leave, Liam. You can stay..."

His eyes light up. "Really? You'd let me stay, (y/n)?"

You nod and say, "Of course Li. What are friends for?" The smile he had on his face fades away.

"I was hoping...that maybe...you and I could...be more than friends, (y/n)." He looks down at his feet and you take his chin in your hand. You lift his chin so he's looking at you.

"Are you sure you feel that way about me, Liam?" You take your hand away as he nods.

"I've never been so sure in my life, (y/n)...I love you." Your knees gave out from underneath you but Liam catches you. "Are you alright , love?" he asks.

"Yeah, Liam...I'm fine." He leads you over to your couch where you both sit down. It was almost four in the morning now. You were yawning like there was no tomorrow.

"You can go back to sleep, (y/n). I'll still be here when you wake up...that is, if you want me to be here,," Liam says as you lay down in his lap.

"Of course I want you to be here, Li," you say sleepily. You feel Liam playing with the ends of your hair before he kisses your cheek.

"Goodnight (y/n)," he whispers.

"Goodnight Liam." The only noise that was being heard now was the slow breathing of both you and Liam. You knew he wasn't asleep yet because he was tracing your jawline with his fingers. "Li?" you ask.

"Yes, love?"

"Before I forget...I need to tell you something."

"And what's that?"

You take a deep breath in and let it out. "I love you too."