--14--

||

It's been four years since you saw him last. It was both of your faults. You got into a huge fight. You threatened that you leave and he pretty much showed you the door. You didn't want to leave, but you had no choice. You had your own two bedroom house now and you couldn't be happier. But some days, you wish he was with you.

"Momma? Is lunch almost done?"

You shake your head and realize you had been daydreaming. Your four year old daughter was sitting at the table, waiting patiently for lunch.

"Yeah, sweetie...it's almost done."

You finish making her lunch and set it on a plate before your daughter.

"Momma, how come I don't have a daddy?"

You stare at her for a long time; she's never asked that before.

"You do have a daddy, Allison..."

"Where is he?"

You honestly didn't know where he was, so you made up a lie.

"Daddy is...he's on a very long trip."

"Is daddy dead?"

Your eyes widen at your daughter.

"No, Allison! What makes you think that?"

"My friends told me that."

You watch as your daughter's eyes fill with tears, so you walk over to her and pull her into your chest.

"Allison, sweetie...your father is very much alive. He...he just doesn't know about you."

"Will I meet him one day, momma?"

You wanted him to meet her, but at the same time you were afraid of his reaction.

"Sure, baby. You'll meet him one day."

"You promise?"

Her little brown eyes stare at you.

"I promise."

You poke her nose and she giggles.

"Now finish your lunch so you can watch your show."

She literally shoves her food into her mouth, jumps down from her chair and runs into the living room.

"Maybe next time you can actually taste the food," you giggle.

You watch as she plops herself down in front of the tele and turns it to her favorite show.

"She's so much like you," you whisper.

You almost scream when your phone rings.

"Hello?"

"(y/n)? Is that really you?" a male voice asks.

"Well that depends...who's asking?"

You hear him laugh.

"The same old (y/n). I'm glad to hear you haven't changed."

You gasp.

"Liam?"

"The one and only," he laughs.

"How did you...how did you get this number?"

"I had to do some serious searching. It's like you were trying to hide from me. You weren't trying to hide from me...were you, (y/n)?"

You almost drop the phone from your ear when your daughter sings loudly along with the tele.

"No...not at all," you say when you secure the phone back to your ear.