~Liam Imagine~

||

"Am I asleep

Am I awake

Or somewhere in between?

I can't believe that you are here lying next to me.

Or did I dream that we were perfectly entwine?

Like branches in a tree or twigs caught on a vine."

You woke up to him singing and playing the guitar. He did that every morning; he was basically your alarm clock.

"Good morning, (y/n)," he says by your ear. You open your eyes and you see Liam. Playing with the ends of your hair.

"Good morning, Liam," you say. He kisses your forehead and you sit up.

"Do you really have to go?" you ask.

"As much as I'd love to stay here at home with you, (y/n), I have to."

You roll out of bed and slide on your slippers. "It's not fair, Liam," you say walking out of the room and into the kitchen; Liam wasn't too far behind.

"I know it's not, love. But you know how it is." You were making coffee for yourself and Liam. He has his arms wrapped around your waist and he kisses your shoulder.

"I don't mean for me, Liam." You were talking about your little girl sleeping in her room. "I don't want her thinking her daddy is always leaving us. I don't want her growing up thinking that's normal." He turns you around and hugs you.

"(y/n), she knows that I'm coming back."

"It's not the same!" You break away from his hug and go to your daughter's room. She's still sound asleep on her bed. You lightly push her hair behind her ears so you could see her beautiful face. She looked so much like Liam. She had his hair and his nose, but she had your eyes; green.

"(y/n)..." you turn away from your daughter to see Liam leaning against the door frame, "I don't want her to think that either." He walks over to you and crouches down like you are. Then your daughter's eyes flutter open.

"Mummy? Daddy?" her little voice says.

"Yeah, baby. We're here," you say.

"Is daddy leaving?" You look at Liam and back at your daughter; you're fighting back tears.

"Yeah, sweetie...but he'll be back soon." You can't hold them in any longer. The tears fall from your eyes and your daughter sits up in her bed and wipes your face.

"Don't cry mummy. Daddy doesn't like it when you cry." You take your daughter in your arms and hold her close to you.

"I know he doesn't," you say.

"Lizzie, you know daddy loves you and mummy very much, right?" Liam asks. She nods her head. "I don't want you to think that daddy is leaving because he doesn't love you. Because I love you both very much."

"You're going to see Uncle Louis and Uncle Harry and Uncle..."

"Yes sweetie. Daddy is going to see all of them. He's going to sing for people around the world," you whisper. Your daughter gets out of your arms and gets into Liam's. She wraps her arms around Liam's neck and you faintly hear her tell Liam, "I'll take good care of mummy. I promise, daddy."