25

I'm not surprised when mahogany tells me to grow a pair and stand up to my mom, and to tell her everything that happened at magcon with Cameron. What I am surprised to hear is that Mahogany and Aaron aren't dating, she told me that she wasn't ready to date and that she didn't want to have a long distant relationship when Magcon would end.

I agreed with her because in a way it seems reasonable, Aaron and her are on good terms and they want to prevent a heartbreak.

She told me that they didn't know when everyone will be leaving to come home.

//

My mom begins yelling at me as soon as I walk through the front door. "Catherine you can't just leave off like that! I was worried sick-"

"-Oh whatever mom, calm down. I'm not Cameron so you don't need to fake over react."

She looks down at her hands "Catherine I do care about you just as much as I care for Cameron. I don't know why you are so delusional and think that I care less of you."

"Maybe because you treat me less." I slide my shoes off by the door "Anyways I have to do the chores that you would never make Cameron do." I walk past her "And I'll think about going shopping for him."

//

It's 7:30 p.m. when my mom knocks on my door "leave me alone."

The door opens "didn't I say to leave me-" I turn around and Cameron is in my doorway "-alone- Cameron!" I am beyond scared, surprised even. Mahogany clearly lied when she said she didn't know, it was probably part of being a surprise.
I don't know his intentions. I don't know if he is pissed that I left unexpectedly. He probably is-

He smirks "Well then I guess much hasn't changed now has it? What'd you get me for Christmas?"

I swallow whatever pride I had left and stand up "N-nothing..."

He smiles "You mean you didn't get me the coal you promised?"

I shake my head no. "What do you really want Cameron?"

His smile fades and he slowly closes my door "I want many things Cathy, I want to know why when I got home, my mom is crying and especially why you left early without asking my permission." He steps closer to me "I want to why Shawn has been upset for the past couple of days because I feel like you had something to do with it."

"Well for starters I thought we already had coal and considering we don't-"

He cuts me off "-Cathy shut the hell up with that BULLSHIT! Explain to me why you came home! Why is my mom cryin-"

"-OUR MOM! And you couldn't actually be that clueless to not know why I came home early! I left because of YOU! And I d-didn't want to b-be there with you anymore, Cameron you made my life miserable and I had to leave."

He smiles "Catherine you made your own life miserable."

I was about to answer but when your brothers friends bolt into your room causing your bedroom door to bang on your dresser, knocking down the petty snow globe that your dead beat father gave you for easter, it was kinda hard to answer.

Nash shrugs "Hopefully that wasn't expensive..."

Cameron looks pissed "What do you guys want?"

Hayes begins jumping on my bed "to let you know that Your mom went to go get pizza for dinner."

"And you had to slam my door open?" I ask
Nash makes a face "You're really not gonna let that go are you?"

Cameron shouts "Can you guys please leave while we talk?"