4. I mean I guess...

The first 5 months of senior year flew by, I haven't talked to Cameron at all. The last time I talked to him was when we argued and I left to "Cynthias"....stupid Cynthia.
Cameron calls me but I don't answer, it makes me feel guilty for being stubborn, not supportive and how I didn't tell him goodbye. Honestly I feel even more guilty for not answering his calls... he calls my mom daily and she answers... my mom said he asked about me the first couple of weeks; he wanted to know why I wasn't answering his calls and I have her Tell him that I'm busy or in the shower.... eventually he stopped asking for me.
I made new friends there jocks some boys I'd never thought of being friends with. Football jocks..... I knew Cameron would never approve, IF he was here. He would probably say "there just going to use me. Or there no good for me. I'm to good for them." Well you know what? They are really nice guys and smart and funny, they don't try anything, they respect me. And maybe I'm using them. Not sexually but to keep me sane.
Everyone knew Cameron and would talk to him while I lingered in the corner. Now that he left, people really avoided me except the jocks, they saw me sitting alone in the library during lunch break reading TFIOS and Dean the quarterback (Pic above is Dean )came up to me "hey you look smart."

I put my book down and look up at him "What makes you think I'm smart?"

Two other players walk up to us; Ben and Jeff they stand behind Dean. Dean the Quarterback says "Because your reading instead of eating a vegan salad, in the gym with other girls who are probably gossiping about me."

I smirk "There probably gossiping about David Beckham not you."

He flexes his arms and smirks while admiring his muscles "No I don't think so."

"I think a salad is too much calories for them anyways." I say

"So your suggesting that there just drinking water?" He asks

I smile "No, that's still too much calories. I'm suggesting that they are probably just staring at the water."

He smiles at me! A genuine smile. The hot quarterback at my school freakin noticed me!

"Me and my friends need help printing out this article. Can you help us? Please..." he says

"Correction my friends and I need some help. And yes I'll help you guys." I stand up and walk beside him

He throws his arm around my shoulders "See I knew you were smart." He stops walking and looks at my stuff at the table "Aye, Ben go grab-" he looks at me "What's your name?"

"Catherine."

He nods "Go grab Cathys stuff,she's with us now."

And that's how I made friends with the football jocks.

Do I miss Cameron? Hell yeah.
Do I want him to come home? Maybe...
I miss him but he is doing something that makes him happy so he can stay wherever he's at. I could care less.

Dean is driving me home when I notice the mail man is here. I jump out of his truck, I fall on my knees. I feel the blood already bleeding through my jeans. Dean yells at me "Cathy you can't do that! I haven't parked yet!" The door hits Camerons basketball hoop. Oops.

"Sorry!" I limp to the mail man "Did it come?"

He gives me a sad face "Sorry Cat.. maybe tomorrow." He hands me the bills and some coupons

I give a fake smile "okay thank you." He drives away. Dean looks mad as he's walking up to me, I put my hands up in surrender "Okay I know what your going to say, I would like to apologize for your door getting scratched from the basketball hoop. I will have my mom pay-"

Dean cuts me off and embraces me into a hug "-Cat I don't care about my stupid truck, you could of hurt yourself worse than a scraped knee. It makes me upset that you think I care more for my truck than your safety."

I look up at him and he's crying? What the heck? "Why are you crying?"

"Because you could of hurt yourself. And what the heck made you jump out of my truck? You couldn't of waited until I parked? You couldn't of waited for 10 more seconds?"

"I was seeing if my scholarship came in..."

"Oh yeah I understand." He rubs the back of his neck "I would of jumped in front of my truck if I was waiting for something like that to come in..."

I nudge his side "Come on let's go inside and eat."

He laughs "eat what?"

"We'll find something.. I still have that beef jerky..." I open the front door.

He closes the door and follows me to the kitchen "I thought I told you to throw that jerky away because it was too spicy for any of us to eat."

"You can't just throw away food. Food is sacred."

We been searching through my kitchen for About 2 minutes and Dean says "Can we just go to taco bell?"

"Yeah.let's go."

*Later on that night at around 8:30'ish Dean drops me off. It took longer than usual because Dean took me to the movies.

My mom is in the kitchen reading a letter
"Jared came back because he forgot to give you this earlier..."

"What is it?" I walk up to her

"The same thing for Cameron... to go on tour. I guess it's going well because Bart was asking the guys if they have siblings that would like to come or any friends from home... and I guess Cameron said you because Bart is inviting you along with a boy and a girl. Are you gonna go?"

I am so shocked. I don't know what to do. I don't even do all of this stuff that they do. I just read and watch tv. Can I bring Dean? He's kinda been the one who kept me sane for these past few months. I mean is Bart going to say no? Dean is another pretty face that he can get money off of. He has to say yes. I'm telling Dean to come with me.

"Catherine are you going?"

"I mean I guess...."

My mom looks sad but she nods her head understanding and leaves "I'm going to go call Bart right now..." and she leaves the kitchen.