18.

I didn't get any sleep last night, and I don't know if mahogany did either because she never came back last night.

I've been laying in my bed thinking about what Cameron and Shawn said to each other. Basically from what I understand Shawn actually cared for me? Or that could of easliy been another act, planned by Cameron just like in the plaza with Taylor and Shawn.
I don't know what to believe anymore and it's really nerve racking because I need to know if Shawn cared for me the way I cared for him. I just don't know who to turn to at this point, I don't know who to trust.

I feel so alone.

***

I am walking around the boardwalk trying to get some fresh air when I spot Jack G, Jack J, Matt and Carter throwing their snowcone ice at each other by the ocean.

Should I go up to them? Or do they actually dislike me? Do they know that I know about everything? Were they part of Cameron and Shawn arguing last night?

Ugh I hate not knowing about anything.

I avoid them and head straight to the smoothie stand. Should I call my mom just to check up on her? I haven't spoken to her since I came here.
I grab my mango peach smoothie from the counter, pay the lady and dial my mom's number.

She picks up on the second ring "Hello."

"Hi mom.."

"Oh my gosh Catherine! How are you? Why haven't you called me? How is your brother? Why-"

I interrupt her "-mom I'm doing fine and I'm sorry I didn't contact you sooner.. how are you?"

She sighs "I'm glad to hear your okay, I'm doing fine..but can I ask you something? It involves Dean..."

Great.

"Yeah what is it?"

"Umm I'm just wondering what happened with you two. I thought you guys were in love and next thing I know he's at my doorstep with a bruised forehead and a busted lip, apologizing for I don't know what because he won't tell me."

I sigh and rub my forehead "What do you mean by he 'won't' tell you? Don't you mean past tense wouldn't?"

"Cathy Dean still comes over. He helps me with yard work around the house. If anything he comes over even more and helps out with grocery shopping, planting flowers in my garden with me, oh and he helped me paint the walls in the living room, I couldn't stand the color your father chose. That poop green, gross. Now it's a burgundy and it looks amazing."

"He still goes over? And you have no idea what happened over here? Cameron didn't tell you?"

"Yes Catherine that's what I said. He stills comes over and why would Cameron tell me- oh my God- it was Cameron who did that to Dean's poor face! Wasn't it?"

How do I answer her?

"Has Dean said anything about me?...on how I'm doing..."

"Why would he do that? Why won't he just ask you himself- Cathy I need answers right NOW! What did you and Cameron do to Dean?"

"Mom I didn't do anything to him..."

"Well we both know that's BULLSHIT!"

"Mom you just cussed-"

"-Well I've had it with you and Cameron. Dean is a nice person who helped you go through the process of Cameron leaving and somehow he ends up with a bruised forehead and a busted lip at my doorstep and YOU want me to believe you had nothing to do with that?"

"Well when you put it like that it makes me seem like the devil-"

"Cathy cut the crap.Tell me What happened or you will leave that Magcon tour thing-"

I cut her off "-Fine."

"What do you mean fine?"

"I don't want to be here anyways because of Cam- "

"What do you mean because of Cameron? What did your brother do Cathy? I hate not knowing. I should of never let you guys join that tour."

"Mom it's fine but I'd rather just speak to you in person about this but I'll probably be home in the next couple of days because I'll need to speak to Bart first."

She sighs through the phone "I just hope your alright and I'm praying that there isn't much collateral damage with you and Dean.. I really thought he was great for you Cathy-"

"-Mom I have to go..were uh going on stage right now."

"Oh okay ..."

"Okay I'll let you know when I'm going home..hopefully before Christmas break."

"Okay I love you sweetie and take care of your brother, don't let him get into any more trouble-"

"-I love you too goodbye--"

I hang up on her and feel terrible because she honestly made me feel even more guilty with Dean. I should of called him the same day he left.

You know how when you're on the phone and you just randomly walk around and have know idea where your at by the time the call is finished. That's how I am. I have KNOW idea where I am at,I just know that I'm on the boardwalk outside a shop that sells... donuts? People actually eat donuts on a boardwalk? That doesn't seem appealing..

I walk back I'm hoping the same way I came and I see the same stand that I bought my smoothie. I'm getting close. "Cathy!" I ignore whoever is calling me and keep walking. Walk faster. Walk fas- "Cathy?" Whoever it is they grab my arm and turn me around.

Taylor.

And of course he isn't alone. A few feet behind him is Cameron along with Nash and Hayes.

I clench my teeth together "Don't talk or touch me again." I clench my fist, yank my arm out of his grip and walk away.