17

By the time I went to my room mahogany was in there waiting. "I am so sorry mahogany, I didn't mean to keep you waiting. It's been a tough day and I lost track of time."

She smiles "it's okay I always lose track of time too."

"So uh did you have a hair straightener? Or did you want to use mine?" I ask her

"Ummm I was thinking since I have so much hair, you can straighten half my head and I can straighten the other half.."

I laugh "Sounds like a great idea!"

We turn on the flat irons in our bathroom and there's a knock on the door "Do you mind getting it? I'm not in the mood to see other people then you...."

She nods her head "Yeah...can I ask why?"

"Yeah you can actually.."

"Okay let me get the door first and then you can tell me."

"Sounds good." I peek through the crack

She leaves and as soon as I hear her open the door I hear Shawn "is Cathy here? I wanted to apologize for earlier during breakfast."

"Yeah umm she's in the shower.. she just got in and it'll probably be awhile before she gets out. So you're better off just coming back later."

"The shower isn't even on." He walks into our room

"Shawn don't go in-" mahogany starts

He walks up to the bathroom door and sees me peeking"-Why don't you want to speak to me? I came here to apologize."

I don't respond to him.

"Cathy? What happened?" He asks

I look away and close the door. I can't even look at him because it pains me to know that he never cared for me. I hear mahogany "Shawn I think you should go."

"Yeah apparently I should." And I hear the door slam shut

She knocks on the bathroom door "Gurllll I need some kind of explanation."

I smile and open the door and she embraces me into a hug "Thank you, I really needed that."

"Eh anytime, now spill." She sits on the toilet seat and we begin to straighten her hair about an hour has gone by maybe two hours and her hair is complete.

I told her everything that Cameron told me "what a jerk!" She screams "All Of them are tools!"

I laugh "Who says tools?"

She smacks my arm "Cathy this is serious!"

"I know it is but I don't know what to do about it-"

She interrupts me "-tell bart-tell your guy's mom-"

"-I can't do that!"

"But Catherine-"

"-I can't mahogany! Honestly it's my fault I should of never came here or become friends with Dean. Its all my fault."

"No it's not Cathy, what are you gonna do then? I'll support you no matter what you choose to do." She rubs my shoulder "Come on let's take a selfie and post it to show that they can't let you down."

I laugh "Okay let's do it."

"I really love your hair! Ugh I want it!"

Mahogany laughs "trust me, no you don't it's so hard to keep it tamed especially when it's windy!"

"Yeah but it's still pretty and healthy. My hair is completely dead and dried out."

"Honestly your hair looks fine natural just leave it."

"Yeah I guess but I don't know. You know how if you have natural curly hair then you want straight hair?and if you have natural straight hair then you want curly hair? I find it funny because we want the exact opposite of what we don't have but as soon as we have it, we want the original back...I don't know I'm just thinking out loud here."

Mahogany smiles "You should do it more often- thinking out loud I mean."

"Nah I don't want to hear Nash nagging again or to see Matt stick his tongue out at me."

Mahogany laughs "What are they in 1st grade?"

I shrug "Yup and apparently my idiot of a twin brother is the line leader who they obey and worship."

Mahogany shakes her head "You don't honestly believe that they ALL hated you. Do you?"

"Honestly I don't know what to believe anymore, it's depressing because I never knew someone so close to you would want to see you in pain only because they are."

Her phone goes off and she looks at it "Its Aaron! He wants to meet me in the front of the hotel to go for a walk!"

I had a feeling they would be talking soon..in an intimate way.

"Go! Go have fun- but not too much fun!"

She laughs "thank you for helping me with my hair. I am forever in debt to you."

I open the door for her "No Your not."

She skips out the room "Thank you Catherine!"

"Your welcome, Anytime." I close the door

**
I've been Laying on my bed for about 45 minutes and I realized I haven't eatin lunch OR dinner yet and I'm starving. Mahogany still isn't back yet, so I'll go to the cafeteria by myself.

When I walk through the main lobby I hear shouting "Why didn't you tell me! I feel like an idiot!" Its Shawn

"Don't blame me! Your the one trying to play Romeo over here!" Its Cameron

"You could of still given me a heads up.." Shawn says

"Oh and you were gonna go snitch to Cathy on what we've been doing this whole time and you were gonna give ME a heads up? I doubt it. Get over it. Cathy doesn't like you. So get over her already." Cameron snaps

"You don't know that! She might if she knew that I never wanted to be apart of this in the first place-"

Cameron laughs "You idiot. Go ahead and try, and please tell me how that goes!"

"You're such a dick, I can see why Catherine didn't say goodbye to you and why you were so easy to replace with Dean."

"Shawn shut up and leave me alone already."

"No I love Catherine! And I will do whatever it takes to let her know. Besides I never accepted your money and you know that! She'll have to forgive me...right?"

"Whatever and I don't care what you say, Cathy won't believe a word you say. For all she knows, you guys all got paid. Good luck trying to convince my sister, she's the stubborn twin."

Cameron walks away and so do I. I just lost my appetite.