〰 29 〰

Michael and Calum decided to attend karaoke night the night after they made love. The colorful haired boy was whining about how much his bum hurts, to which the brunette would reply with you'll be okay, gorgeous and everything felt alright whenever Calum talked. It was like he was the kind of cure to sadness that Michael needed. And the pale boy loved him so much for being his happiness, his little ball of sunshine, his boyfriend, his everything.

"I'm not even that great of a singer," Michael laughed as they walked hand in hand to the building down the street. The colorful haired boy had a test to study for, but he didn't care all that much about it. Not when it was three weeks away and he had all the time in the world with his boyfriend.

"What?" Calum gasped, looking at his sunshine with wide eyes. "You're joking, right? Your voice is so angelic that I'm surprised you weren't named heaven."

"That was smooth," Michael laughed, pinching his boyfriends cheeks and smiling when the brunette gently smacked them away. They were such a cute couple. They'd be even cuter as husbands, with mini versions of them running around. That'd be the life.

"Smoother than your ass, yes," Calum reiterated, knowing that his comebacks were just getting worse and worse, but he found enjoyment whenever Michael's eyes would light up, or whenever he'd smile, or squeeze Calum's hand for reassurance that they were still attached. They were in love.

"We're here."

There stood a ten foot building with a neon sign reading karaoke bar, ages 18+. It was a good thing both boys were mature enough to sing music to a public crowd.

"Welcome to Karaoke Bar, this is our thirty fifth year of being here, and tonight we'd like to welcome some newcomers up to the stage and give us all they've got. Anyone?"

"Babbbbeee, you should go," Michael cooed, tugging on to his boyfriends arm as a way to slightly push him forward while also keeping him close, "I love when you sing. You should go up there and woo me away."

"Fine, but only if you come up with me and hold my hand." Calum was always a shy guy, even when he was in the military. That's what made him so squishy and adorable.

And so, Michael stood up with his boyfriend, tangling their fingers like floral leaves on vines, and the couple stepped onto the stage. The brunette was shaky, but having his kitten standing beside him made everything worthwhile.

"U-Uh, I can sing anything right?" Calum quirked, being the awkward male he was. Michael only found it adorable. Everything was adorable about the Maori. His eyes. His lips. His nose. His ears. His chin. His shoulders. His tummy. His arms. His legs. His feet. His forehead. His laugh. His smile. His voice. His shakiness. His awkwardness. Him. Michael loved him. He loved him so damn much.

"Yes." All the two heard was a random voice coming from a female, so they took that as their opportunity to start. Michael would consider joining in with him if he knew what the song was.

Before they could start, Michael glanced over at his boyfriend fondly, shoving the microphone into his mouth as a joke, but only thinking about how beautiful his mouth was. How beautiful he was.