〰 16 〰

Calum was watching Michael asleep, again, but only because he found some sort of comfort within it. It wasn't because he wanted to come off as creepy, or some weird guy who was going to murder Michael, which was far from the case, it was simply because seeing Michael sleeping and dreaming about whatever it was he had going on inside of his head made Calum's heart race. And the adrenaline running inside of his system over the thought and view of Michael made him happy to be alive.

He smiled, not really understanding why Ashton decided to sleep over at Michaels and press call on Calum's number, as well as record the boy during his sleep for the brunette to see. Calum thanked Ashton for doing so of course, but he was still worried that the curly haired boy was going to steal Michael away from him.

 Calum thanked Ashton for doing so of course, but he was still worried that the curly haired boy was going to steal Michael away from him

"You know Calum, Michael talks about you a lot."

"Does he?" Calum asked excitedly, his chair crouching down a bit as he leaned back to make himself comfortable. He was on night shift for the first time in weeks, meaning he wouldn't have the opportunity to sleep before his shift in the morning. They were changing schedules around so Calum could have more free time during the day.

"He does. It's always Calum this, Calum that. And I swear, every time he mentions you, he has these heart eyes that just prove how much he really fucking loves you and it's the most adorable thing," Ashton said loudly, realizing that he was a little too loud and could have made Michael wake up, but luckily, that didn't happen.

Calum found himself blushing, as usual, and he was rather excited to come and spend time with his boyfriend. It'd only be a week long visit, but he managed to work things out with his boss and he already has everything packed. He packed necessities, so it's nothing major to be concerned about.

"I miss being able to hear his voice in person," Calum mumbled, "I'll be able to soon though, thanks to your suggestion."

"Hey man, I'd do anything to make sure Michael knows just how much you love him. That and seeing him upset is painful as hell and I want the best for my friend, just like you want the best for him since you've been dating for what, almost five years?" Ashton questioned, and at this point, Michael was churning in his sleep, licking his lips and making strange muffling noises that left both boys feeling confused.

"What did he just say?" Calum pursed, steadying the camera properly so he could hear every muffled word Michael spoke in his sleep.

"I don't know, but I think he's dreaming about you. He always tells me that he smiles in his sleep when it has something to do with you."

Calum felt his heart racing, and he couldn't believe Michael still did that. It was like that time in high school when they rented a hotel, and they only had one room left with one bed and Calum was completely okay with that - which is why they ended up sharing, Michael being the big spoon and loving wrapping his arms around the boy, and Calum doing it occasionally if Michael needed comfort. Sure, Calum had bigger arms, but he still loved hiding underneath Michael. He always did, and always will.

"When he wakes up, tell him I love him, please tell him I love him," Calum said twice, more sternly the second time with hope that Michael would know just how much he cares. That these silly Skype calls are more than just humor, more than feeling sad because you can't intertwine your fingers on camera and more than virtual dates that feel unrealistic. They make Calum happier than Michael could ever imagine, despite the brunette being busy most of the time. It's a way of life and he's glad that Michael is his first priority. He always will be.

-

"My cousin is coming in town," Ashton randomly announced as he was standing in the college lounge with a piece of wheat toast along with a knife full of vegemite. He also had a glass of chocolate milk lingering behind him and Michael was so afraid that Ashton was going to spill it because he wasn't paying attention - which is why he rushed over and moved it, feeling satisfied with himself when realizing that he probably saved the two of them from embarrassment and a mess to clean up.

"Girl or boy?" Michael quirked as he himself, gulped down the remainder of his orange juice and finished off his half piece of whole grain toast with jelly. Neither boys were healthy at the moment, but what college student was?

"Does it matter?" Ashton retorted, his hands making their way towards his cup of chocolate milk, and Michael was still scared that he'd manage to drop it in front of everyone, since this was the place where college students got breakfast.

"Yes because if it's a boy, Calum might get jealous and think I'm cheating on him. If it's a girl, he'll have nothing to worry about, because I can't just automatically turn straight."

"Sounds like he needs to trust you more," Ashton stated bluntly, and Michael knew Calum trusted him. It's just that the brunette was paranoid and never wanted to lose Michael, so he did anything and everything to keep him wrapped around his finger.

"It's a girl," Ashton retorted, "I also expect you to be nice to her because she's only seventeen and is an introvert like you."

Michael felt offended. He didn't choose to be an introvert, he just wasn't comfortable with the people and the thought of socializing or messing up a conversation with strangers made him incredibly anxious.

"Alright, I'll be nice to her under my will," Michael retorted, throwing his hands up in the air as Ashton gave him a stern look. The colorful haired boy was just joking around but Ashton didn't play games when it came to his boyfriend. He was never a serious person, unless it revolved around his love life or the people he grew up with. Basically.

"Oh, and Calum said he loves you a lot last night on Skype."

"You were skyping him?" Michael asked, raising his eyebrow in bewilderment. It wasn't that he minded. He was just confused because he didn't know Calum and Ashton talked like that.

"Yeah, because he really likes watching you sleep, since you look really cute apparently. I thought it'd be a nice gesture to fulfill his needs, ya know?"

Michael nodded, feeling his lips curve into a slight smile. He wanted to tell Ashton to tell Calum he loved the boy back, but he'd much rather wait until he can in person.

It'll be more special that way.

Or maybe that's just how Michael feels.

-

A/N;

This chapter is crap cause I'm super sick and can't talk or think straight but whatevs we can never go wrong with malum am I right?

Um, you guys are seriously making me cry. Like the reads are rising so quick and were about 40 (is it?) away from 1k and this is the fastest I've ever had a story become "popular" ish or whatever you wanna call it. Thank you so so so so so so much.

Ily all and I hope you're having a good day or night wherever you are and if you aren't then I hope you have one tomorrow and just know you're never alone. Ok bye. 💕💕💕