〰 28 〰

A/N; smut chapter???? Felt like it was needed lmao. I'll put "*" from where it starts and ends if it makes you uncomfortable!

Calum didn't want an adventure. He didn't want to go out like old times. He wanted to stay in with his boyfriend, cuddle up underneath cotton blankets, hold hands until the warmth between them has become natural and love until loving someone was a definition that could only define them. They were boyfriends after all, in need of something, anything but that cold feeling they've had for the past couple of years.

Calum loved Michael. And Michael loved Calum. They loved each other so much that it made people around the world wonder how they could remain so strong after being separated for such a large amount of time. Michael always wanted to hold onto something he knew was worth having in the future. And Calum had his kitten wrapped around his finger so tightly that he was surprised his circulation wasn't cut off and he wasn't sent to the hospital for a loss of blood.

They really loved each other. But lately, they haven't felt that spark. It hasn't been the same. Not since the moment Calum decided to surprise Michael unexpectedly. Not since their little argument. Not since Calum left for the military. Everything was so different.

"Turn the taxi around," Calum demanded, smiling a bit when the driver automatically made a u-turn without questioning the brunette on it. Michael didn't understand what was going on, but he didn't care. As long as he was with Calum and his boyfriend was happy, then he was happy as well.

"Where are we going?" Michael asked, tugging on Calum's shirt playfully as he rested his pale face in the brunettes neck. They were such a beautiful couple.

"Back to your dorm."

"I'd rather not go back there. The security guards are probably inspecting things."

"Then I'll pay them to leave us alone."

Michael didn't understand anything that was running through Calum's mind, but quite frankly, he didn't care. He just wanted him to be happy and at peace with the world around him and their relationship that was so unbelievably precious to the point where stepping on it the slightest bit could make it fall apart.

"Can I have a kiss?" Michael asked. Calum only nodded, wrapping his arms around his boyfriends waist in such an adorable manner that it made the driver coo as well.

Michael then wrapped his arms around Calum's neck, giving it cute little kisses before smiling.

"Stop acting like I'm not cute," Michael frowned, and Calum only laughed, tugging his kitten closer to him so the space between could be closed