〰 23 〰

A/N; DOUBLE UPDATE. READ CHAPTER 22 FIRST IF YOU HAVE NOT! Thank you! 😊😊😊

Calum stormed back to Michael's dorm room and not once was he surprised when he saw two men with ugly uniformed hats on, holding clipboards.

"Who are you?"

"Don't worry about it," Calum muffled as he wiped his eyes and grabbed hold of his suitcase. He wasn't going to bother with explaining to them that he was Michael's boyfriend and was totally breaking the rules. He didn't care at this point and just wanted to get away for a day.

"Well, have you seen Michael Clifford or Ashton Irwin, unless you are one?"

"I'm Ashton, thanks for asking. Michael is off studying," Calum reiterated. While he was upset at his boyfriend, he wouldn't dare get him kicked out of university. He knew how hard it is to get into the college system, especially when you want a good job. It's not as easy as people make it seem. Tuition fees make everything worse.

"Thank you, Ashton. Mind me asking why you're packing your bags?"

Calum laughed, hated being called a name that didn't belong to him, but really, he was saving Michael's ass in the first place. He cared too much while Michael seemed like he didn't care at all. Just put on some act over the phone to make Calum think that he's still the same guy from high school. But the thing is, he's far from it. High school Michael would never blow off his boyfriend for someone he just met, but look what just happened?

"Oh uh- I have too much stuff here and my mum is actually outside to take some of it back with her so-"

"Okay, thank you," one of the males said before rushing the other out. Michael should really thank him, but at the moment, he doesn't feel the need to talk to his boyfriend at all.

Since Michael decided to write Calum a note, the brunette decided to do the same, though this time he was a lot more harsh than he intended to be.

"Michael,

I'm leaving. Don't bother looking for me unless you want to be less of an asshole. I'll still be in the state, but don't call me or text me or Skype me or anything. I'm hurt that you forgot about our six year anniversary and completely abandoned me on the one day I wanted and needed you most. But it's completely fine.

I'll give you your space since I'm not your only fucking priority and I'll find another priority because at the moment, I don't want you to be mine.

Bye."

Calum taped the note to Michael's bathroom mirror and left his dorm without saying another word. He wasn't in the mood to wait for Michael to come back, so he decided to check into a hotel down the street in hopes that the colorful haired boy wouldn't ask for him. He's too heartbroken right now to deal with him. Calum now considers himself the one that got away, and that's something he never wanted to be, but Michael didn't give him all that much of a choice.

So he left.

-

Michael left his friend immediately after that, claiming that he'd schedule a meet-up in a few weeks and the male completely understood. In fact, he took Calum's side in all of it, saying it was rude that you called him clingy if you were begging him to come back every night, but that's none of my business.

Michael knew his friend, Cade was right, but he really didn't want to admit it. He wanted him to be wrong so that he could feel okay and realize that he didn't fuck up. But he did, and he was afraid that Calum would never forgive him for his actions, which made everything a thousand times worse.