〰 13 〰

Calum was the first to call Michael today, as he was concerned that his boyfriend hasn't skyped him once. He was so used to the usual two phone calls and three skype calls that not getting notified once made him think the absolute worst possible.

He felt relieved when Michael answered though.

"Hello?" Michael asked, a small smile on his face. He didn't call because he wanted to see just how much Calum cared.

"Hi baby, I missed you."

Michael yawned slightly, his head tucked inside of his college math textbook and he looked adorable just sitting in his chair.

"Missed you too."

"Are you studying?" Calum asked, knowing that was a ridiculous question because people don't just randomly look at textbooks when they're bored. Or do they, Calum thought to himself as he ran his thumb across the screen to get rid of a speck of dust on the top corner of his iPad.

"I was, but I think I have everything down. I have a stupid math test tomorrow. I swear, my teacher hates us."

"No, he just wants to see you improve, kitten. Nothing wrong with that."

"I guess not."

"Have you only been studying today?"

"Yeah, but I'm actually waiting for Ashton to pick me up. We're going to play glow in the dark put put golf."

Calum found himself frowning at the name Ashton. It was always about Ashton. Calum was starting to think Michael wanted the curly haired boy more than he wanted him. It just wasn't fair that he wasn't able to spend time with his boyfriend. He wished it was easier to be with Michael and still be in the military without having Michael come and live with him. He knows how important passing college is to Michael.

"Oh, that's great."

"Yeah I know. Wanna see my outfit?"

"Sure," Calum said with a lazy smile approaching his features. If his boyfriend was happy, then he was happy too.

"It's a super basic outfit and I know I look like crap, but I was just told to wear white so our clothes will look neon in the center

"It's a super basic outfit and I know I look like crap, but I was just told to wear white so our clothes will look neon in the center. And I didn't really bother doing my hair because it always looks messy anyway."

"Baby, don't be so hard on yourself. You look beautiful everyday."

"Maybe to you, but I'm pretty sure I'm just a walking rat."

Calum rolled his eyes, wanting to smack his boyfriend for being so insecure. Michael was the most beautiful person he ever laid his eyes on. And he still is. Michael saying all of those harsh things just made Calum's heart break into pieces. He wanted his kitten to be happy.

"Are your nails painted?" Michael asked, all of the excitement somehow bubbling up inside of him. It was clearly drained earlier from all of the studying but the colorful haired boy loved when Calum painted his nails.

"Yeah, but only black. It's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal? Calum, I used to paint your nails all the time. How is it not a big deal?"

Calum shrugged, not really knowing the answer. But he held his fingers up to the camera for Michael to see anyway, and Michael would be lying if he said that he didn't screenshot it.

 But he held his fingers up to the camera for Michael to see anyway, and Michael would be lying if he said that he didn't screenshot it

"Amazing. I love the way you look with painted nails."

"I don't, but I painted them for you."

"And you did a great job at it," Michael squealed, just wanting to hug his Calum. Calum did so many things for Michael and he didn't even know it. It was just that the brunette really loved his boyfriend and felt as though he were nothing without him.

"Thanks."

"Hey I have to go, but I wanted to tell you that you mean the absolute world to me and I'm so so so so so so so so so in love with you and just fuck Calum, whenever I see you, I get these feelings that I don't know how to explain and it messes me up. Your smile sends shivers down my spine and I just want to kiss you until my lips are numb and I just really love you and I want to make sure you know that."

Calum was uncontrollably smiling at this point, and Michael purposely did it because he loved when Calum got this way.

"I love you too, kitten. Call me when you get back."

"Are you sure you'll be awake?"

"I promise I'll be awake."

And Calum kept that promise, despite his eyes closing on him every other minute. He stayed awake for his boyfriend, because he knew talking to Michael was worth more than sleeping.

-

A//N:

SO THOUGHTS???

Thanks for reading guys!! I really appreciate how quickly the reads are jumping like aghhh. And I can't wait until this stupid story gets 1k. Like yes yes yes yes you're all super amazing and lovely.

Love you guys and don't forget to leave a comment and a vote. Thanks!! 💕💕💕💕