Love of My Life(A Princeton Love Story) Chapter 29

-10 YEARS LATER-

(Princeton's POV)

I was in an office, filling out divorce papers for Brittany. Things just weren't working out between us. We seperated, and she took the kids with her. I got a knock on the door, so I went to go answer it.

Brittany: *Steps inside* You got the papers?

Me: *Nods* Yea...

Brittany: *Takes them* Good.

Me: Where's Ariella and James?

Brittany: They're in the car.*Walks back to her car*

Me: *Follows and looks at the kids in the backseat* Guys, you're not gonna understand what's going on, but... I love you both, okay?

Ariella: What do you mean, Daddy?

"Daddy"... I was going to miss that word from the little 5 year old she is. James is 8, and I know he understands what's going on.

James: Dad... Can we visit you?

Me: *Smiles* Anytime... And I mean, that!

Ariella: Daddy, why do you have another house?

Me: *Sighs* It's complicated, Ella...

Ariella: *Eyes start to water* Will I ever see you again?

Me: *Pittys her* Of course you will, sweetheart!

Brittany: Okay Jacob, I need to go!

Me: *Sighs* Alright...

I kissed James and Ariella's cheeks, and watched as they were being driven away... Away from me... I saw how Ariella was starting to cry, and I just couldn't take it... It broke my heart to see my baby girl cry...

-THE PRESENT-

(Princeton's POV)

I woke up from that well... NIGHTMARE!!! It was 8:30am, and I looked over at my phone and called Brittany. It started to ring...

Brittany: *Croaky voice* Hello?

Me: Hey, baby... Did I wake you?

Brittany: Yea, kinda... What's wrong?

Me: Nothing. I just wanted to make sure you were still my girlfriend...

Brittany: Of course I am... Why would you say that?

Me: Because of the dream that I had...

Brittany: What was it about?

Me: You and I were getting a divorce, and you took our children with you... We had a girl and a boy named Ariella and James. Ariella was 5 and James was 8. It broke my heart to see Ariella, cry...

Brittany: Aww! Well a marriage is a promise. If I DO marry you, I won't plan on divorcing you.

Me: Well THAT'S good to know!*Smiles*

Brittany: Now get some rest... We're going shopping today, and you know that's what we do the day we leave.

Me: I thought we were leaving in like a week...

Brittany: Nope... Change of plans... We're leaving today...

Me: Okay... Good night...

Brittany: It's 8 in the morning...

Me: Yea, whatever... GOOD NIGHT!!!

Brittany: *Giggles* Good night!

We both hung up and I went to sleep.