Love of My Life(A Princeton Love Story) Chapter 26

(Brittany's POV)

So Khalil just left, and I sat on my bed and looked at Shaylah and Prod. Shaylah was just smiling wide as ever at me. I knew what she was thinking on the inside, and Prod just decided to fall asleep.

Me: *Smiling* What?

Shaylah: *Smiles* Oh girl, you KNOW what! Don't even trip!

Me: *Smiles* Well I mean... He was RIGHT there. We're NOT dating, okay?

Shaylah: Well good, because you JUST got out of a relationship! You don't want to come off as a roller, do you?!

Me: Oh, of course not! I'm not gonna go out with him anyway. It'd be awkward if we broke up. If Princeton can get his life together, then everything will be okay... But hey... Nobody's perfect...

Shaylah: Yea, you're right. But I'm gonna go to sleep now. We're all having lunch tomorrow, okay?

Me: *Nods* Okay.

-NEXT DAY-

I woke up to see Prod and Shaylah dressed and ready. I guess I slept a little too late. When I looked at the clock it said 1:30pm. LORD!

Shaylah: Rise and shine! We gotta go eat!

Prodigy: Yes, and I am HUNGRY! So... GET UP!

Me: *Smiles and gets up* Alright...

I went into the bathroom and changed. Then I walked out and looked at them.

Me: Ready?

Shaylah: *Nods* Yep!

We all left and went downstairs into the lobby and saw Roc, Ray Ray, Jazmyne, Kristina, and... Well... Princeton... When Princeton and I looked at each othr, we just looked down afterwards.

-AT THE RESTARUANT-

When we got to the restaruant, we all sat down and unfortunately I ended up sitting next to Princeton. We never looked at each other and I guess Kristina and Jazmyne didn't know what was going on between us.

Kristina: I'm sorry, am I missing something?

Jazmyne: Right, what's wrong with y'all?

Me: We don't go out anymore.

Jazmyne: Yea, I don't think I wanna know why...

Kristina: Yea, me either...

We all ordered our food and started laughing and having a great conversation. Well- THEY did. Princeton and I were just sitting awkwardly until he tapped on me...

Princeton: *Whispers* Hey, can we go out and talk for a second?

Me: *Sighs and whispers* Sure...

We both got up and told the others that we'd be right back. Then Princeton and I walked out of the restaurant and I sat on a bench outside and looked up at him while he was standing.

Me: Okay... What do you want with me?

Princeton: *Sorrowful look* A second chance...

Me: Princeton, I'm afraid I can't do that...

Princeton: Why not?

Me: At least not right now... You hurt me, okay? You also overreacted. You need to prove to me that you can trust me. You're worst fear was what?

Princeton: That you'd leave me for Khalil, or kiss him...

Me: Well, I DID kiss him... THAT night, at least.*Shrugs*