Love of My Life(A Princeton Love Story) Chapter 18

(Brittany's POV)

So I ran out of the room and started walking around the block as I was crying. I jusst can't believe that Twist acutally brought up the NAME Miguel... Why couldn't he have gotten NEYO, for crying out loud?! So now I'm just over here crying until I heard Princeton call my name....

Princeton: BRITTANY!!! WAIT!!!

Me: *Turns around* Huh?

Princeton: What's wrong? Please, tell me...

Me: *Sits on the curb of the sidewalk* Well...

Princeton: *Sits next to her* Well?

Me: It all started... When I was born...

Princeton: No, seriously Brittany... WHAT'S wrong?!

Me: I'M GETTING TO THAT! Now shut the hell up and listen, gosh DAMN IT!!!

Princeton: Okay... Listening...

Me: Well... My father's name was Miguel...

Princeton: *Nods* Okay...

Me: My dad was probably one of the worst dads you could ask for. When my mom was pregnant with me, she was young... Put it this way, we're all 17 so she's 34.

Princeton: So she had you at 17, then.

Me: Right. But about my dad... He abused my mother. As soon as she had me, he was even worse. I lived with my dad until I was 12... He would hit and abuse us on a daily. Then one day I came home from school to see him kissing another woman, and before I knew it that lady shot him, and then herself... I don't know why... But she did... I just sat there in awe... I've never witnessed something like that before, and it hurt me a little. I cried... A LOT, that day.

 Princeton: Oh, Brittany...*Hugs her tightly*

Me: *Sniffles*

Princeton: I'm, just sorry... I really am...

Me: It's okay...*Cries a little*

Princeton: Well does Shaylah, Jazmyne, and Kristina know about this?

Me: Well no... I never had them come over my house when we were younger. They lways questioned why, but I never gave them a straight answer. Sometimes they found bruises on my face, but I always told them that I fell or something. They NEVER knew the story about my father... The only one who knows about it is you, and I need it to stay that way for now.

Princeton: *Nods* Okay... I promise I won't tell anyone about this. I'll protect you, Brittany. We ALL will... We won't let anyone get to you. So you don't have to worry...

Me: *Smiles* Thanks... 

Princeton: We should go back inside.*Stands up*

Me: Yea, we should...*Gets up*

Princeton and I walked back into the building. Everyone was asking why I left, so I just explained that I had a terrible flash back about something irrelevant to Twist' announcement. Later on, the concert started and we had just finished performing.

-AFTER PERFORMANCE-

Me: Well THAT was great!

Shaylah: Yea, now let's get back to the bus before some fans start lookin for us!

Jazmyne: True dat!

-ON THE TOUR BUS-

Kristina: So you sure you're fine?

Me: Yea. I'm alright.

Jazmyne: Yea, well you had us scared for a second. But at least this tour is almost over.