34. The End of the never ending

Two years later................

The cold ocean wind was filling my nose with an unknown memory. It has always been like this; I have always felt at home  near the ocean. Maybe it had been part of my past life, a life full of happiness and stability which I knew I won't experience in this life. My soul had lost the enthusiasm of life but the heart of mine had been molded by my mother to never accept  defeat.

This was the reason I came here.  Away from all the chaos and lies.

The blue of the ocean was meeting the blue of the sea yet somehow both had a different identity standing distinct from each other.

I wanted this ; The complimented distinction of life but somehow I always landed up in the jumbled indistinct part of life.

My family ended in a car crash pulling an abrupt full stop to my happy carefree life, the foster care nightmare killed my trusting soul with the death of Megan. My life in new york was to full of life which my tired heart could not cope up with and I was left behind with a heart to fix and I needed this.

That is why I am here. I came here for this.

"Becca Mr. Hackman is here and asking for you to get him his usual." I heard Martha shouting  behind me from the window of 'La melange'. The place where I have been working as a waitress since I came here in Maldives.

"Coming." I yell back as I take one more look at the ocean trying to capture the scenario in front of me forever inside my mind.

The doorbell rang announcing my entrance back to the kitchen. I hurriedly prepared the order which Mr. hackman had been asking for for the past one year at ten in the morning  even though today was a sunday. The only thing that  used to change on a holiday was his corporate suit being replaced by casuals.

The sixty year old smile a toothy smile like a four year old spotting me among the hustle and bustle of thee cafe. I smile back.

"Good morning Mr. hackman. "  I said while placing his order in front of him.

"good morning to you too my dear. What a lovely day isn't it?" He asked me ignoring the weather outside eyeing his food.

I laughed at his peculiarity  "It is breezy out there. It might rain."
He smile brightly " Still lovely for some ."

I nodded and placed his order on the table. When I was about to leave he stopped me and asked

" Becca I needa favor from you. Please dont say no"
"Howcould I refuse when you ask such charmingly " I giggled
"Now don't mock the old man here . Sit my dear." He smiled at gestured towards the opposite chair.
" Okay, how may I help you Mr. Hackman? "
He smiled again which led me to wonder; did he ever get tired from so much smiling? My thoughts were interuppted by his voice.
" My grandson is coming to stay with me for next week. I want you to show him the beauty this place is which will help him heal his aching heart. Will you help him for me?"

I creased my forehead as it was a dilemma i was facing. I did not want to  refuse Mr. Hackman's request but at the same time I did not want to indulge in the sorrow of any one else's life. My plate was already full thankyou very much.

"But how can i help. Heartbreak's are complicated. " I tried reqsoning with him.

His joyous expression turned glum.

" I just want hime to be happy again. Be that child again who wouldn't let even the darkness of night dull his energy. Please him for me Becca " And before i registered the whole scenerio my head bobbed a yes which evidently made him happier.

I had no idea what was about to come but in my heart I had a bad feeling.

         THE END