24. A family of friends.

Normally when you imagine such a situation in your mind where one hot guy is almost kissing you and the other hot guy who kissed you before was standing like an angry young man looking at you in other's embrace you might think that now will be the  time for some action and as shown in lot of chick flicks the guys will fight over you and tear each other's clothes apart and the whole thing will turn into some erotic orgy thingy.

Well, news flashes it's all trash. Nothing like that happens  in the real world. Not even the angry stare off completion.

Seeing me and Ben sought of tangled up sure did tick Mark's nerves noticeably  but before Ben could notice it too his face went blank devoid of any emotion.

"Sorry! I'll come later." He said quickly looking at anywhere but me and darted for the door in a flash before any of us could react.

"Well! That was embarrassing." He said scratching the back of his neck; while his cheeks showed pink hue and let me tell you apart from baby animals what's way cuter is a guy turning red, smiling sheepishly. It's just so cute beyond explanation. This is what made me kiss him on his cheek out of pure instinct and I immediately regretted it. Acting on impulse is not a good thing people.

My action caused him to grin like a monkey  which made him  cuter. Oh god! Am acting like a fangirl.

"So, you look like you are starving. Want some chocolate?" I immediately agreed to it and just like that the after kiss/peck awkwardness evaporated. We went back to our normal goofy talking self with him occasionally highlighting my sloppy attempt at being tomb raider back at our  'mission'.

Talking to him was so easy. Pulling each other's leg making stupid comments and not caring for the fact that he practically owned my ass at work made him so approachable, easy going. I realized that I felt so relaxed with him. His very presence used to lighten up my mood.

Ed and Kiara came in few hours later and as usual Ed was fighting with me regardless of the fact that I was on bed critical not less than twenty four hours ago not him. He sought of acted like a big brother showing concern and care which was rare for his species. it was creepy.

Kiara as usual showed distant concern. I knew she was an introvert so showing her emotions openly was a challenge to her  that is why even if she showed slightest concern it was enough sign for me to understand that she cares a lot about me.

Mark made a short appearance with all fake smile and constipated look and to say that I was annoyed about his weird behavior was an understatement of the century. He left after a short stay saying he had few important things to do. Although we had agreed to be friends but the awkwardness would always stay and him acting like a stuck up ex on top of it would always make things more  difficult for us.

Everybody left after making jokes here and there and somehow deciding that I will have to host a dinner after I get well. Yeah! To say that my friends love would suffice here. Assholes.

Stacy and Ben insisted on staying but I had to debate on the fact that them staying here staring at me while I sleep would be creepy and weird on a whole new level. Besides that both of them had already stayed here while I lay unconscious and looked like a bus ran over them. So on the pretext of feeling nauseous in their unwashed presence was successfully able to send them back home.

I laid on my back looking at ceiling thinking of the day's events. How everybody I didn't know few months back  now practically turned up all concerned and worried like my real family.

While nobody can take place of my family or even their memories; being with him and Stacy particularly felt like I was home somehow safe, with my family. That sense of déjà vu that I got seeing their angry mixed with concern face made me really think that night at hospital that there was something worth living for at all.

I was discharged after a week fully repaired back to the physically healthy broken soul self. Jo and Janet came to visit me few days before my discharge bringing the soul of heaven in a thermos. Their famous coffee was one of the reasons I healed quickly physically. Seeing their happy wrinkled faces made me happy internally for a while.

 Derek came to visit me with his boyfriend Ramoz that very same day with a handful of beautiful purple tulips. We talked about nonsense for a while where I got to know that soon Derek will move in with his boyfriend and leave his uncle's apartment but will keep working at the cafe. All in alI I  was happy for him.

Stacy came to get me from hospital and announced that she will stay for a while with me until I became fully functional despite much of my protests. It was like being babysitted whole over again. But she won't budge.