5. Love to look at you , hate to listen to you...

After the weekend 'FriCri' night I had became more comfortable around Stacy . We shared a lot about each other that night, knowing each other's past and all.

It turned out that she belonged to a very rich family but she wanted to stand on her own feet and make a separate identity for herself other than her surname which was  why she was currently living alone in this city. Her differences with her mother had grown to an extent that she hardly ever talked to her now a days.

She said that there are disadvantages for being rich but I guess crying in a limousine was anyday much better than crying on a footpath not that I am judging or something . Nevertheless I did understand that happiness has  nothing to do with money . I am not that money minded afterall.  Anyways now I knew for one fact that  she was a good person and I was happy to have her as a friend.

But how do I deal with an Asshole like Ed . I might murder him someday and that day was not far away. His constant babbling was giving me a headache the size of mount. Fuji. Mark had given both us a joint report to work on despite the fact that we could not tolerate each other for more than few seconds . The report was based  on the latest news of organ regeneration by stem cell technology .

The research part was huge which would include going through many interviews and countless number of articles . But instead of working his part , he was gabbling nonsense for the past four hours and since I did not believe in tattletaling, I was doing my best not to crack his head open for both silence and research purposes of course . God knows what was in that skull in the name of brain .

" So, what do you think ? Should we leave earth and start looking for other potential planets to be called as home ? Would you want to be part of a mission like the interstellar . "

" For the hundredth time Ed . I don't fucking care . Now get on with your share of articles . We have to complete it by Thursday ."

" Calm down woman. Mark won't kill you if you will chill a bit during your office hours. He is an angel "

" Born among demons. " I retorted

He only smirked " A good looking one . You should add "

I spat sarcastically " Love to look hate to listen to you . "

He showed me his tongue like a 5 year old and stormed out of the room to eat someone else's brain .P.s. we were in Mark's room .

Mark was supposed to come after lunch today so we thought it might be a good idea to use his cabin and spare others from the shit Ed was producing from his mouth . I sighed and got back to my reading  which I am pretty sure I would  have to complete  solely on my own . I didn't mind as long as I didn't have to hear Ed' s crap. Yep it was a lot to take...

My eyelids were starting to droop looking at the screen of my laptop which was hypnotizing me by the monotonous fonts and repetitive content. The office had provided every employee with the latest version of apple laptop. Hence, I had one.

Bam.....

There was a large noise on the table which made me jump on my seat. I looked towards the source of noise ." Why are you using my cabin as a napping place ?? " Mark asked in a stern voice. I was scared as shit and angry at the allegation although it was true. 

Scared from angry looking Mark and angry at my luck to have been caught while sleeping , reason being these boring articles. Not to forget that my heart rate skyrocketed by the loud noise.

" I - I - " I stuttered unable to come up with an explanation .

" -I was trying to meditate to absorb all this information . " I stated while gesturing towards all the scattered pages and opened icons having articles on my laptop. What the hell did I just said?

He stifled a  laugh 

 " okay. "

The atmosphere was getting tense or it was just me. I stood up slowly while saying " I-I should better  get back to all other articles on my desk."He merely nodded still giving  me a creepy smile .

Just when I started to turn around to get away when he asked me something that made me freeze at the very  spot." What are you doing tonight Beccs ??? "

Beccs?? Beccs?? what in the seven kingdoms of Westeros is Beccs?? I knew where this was going. Why will he ask  me out. Is he forgetting that he is my Boss. what should i say yes or no , maybe I should say don't know .

" ummm...nothing?" I questioned rather than answering. He laughed  " It's good then . I have to be at this party of this very famous fashion designer . You should come with me. We might have to write about the latest summer collection. "

oh! Thank goodness , No date it is...

I was relieved . It's not that he was not good looking. He had grey eyes which had a hint of green in them ,his golden brown hair styled in messy after bed look and perfectly shaped stubble gave him an angelic appearance and the way he  smiled causing  the dimples on his cheeks to show up giving  him a sexy look over all . But being my BOSS kind of made him unreachable. Plus he was super friendly , I didn't want to compromise this friendly atmosphere of office.

" OKAY" I nodded

" Cool! I'll pick you up at 7 then" He gave me a kilowatt smile and returned to whatever  he was doing.

Rest of the day went with me reading and snoozing on those articles alternatively . I left the office with Stacy who was ranting about something. 

Was it I-would-speak-every-word-coming-in-my-mind today?

" SO, How was your day?" she piped in as soon as we entered the elevator.

" The usual"

" Usual how?"

Leave me alone..." Usual like i got a new report to work on and have these huge articles to read as my homework since high school and on top of that Ed will be working with me-". she made a face . 

Exactly my point...

"- And now I will have to go to Tony hall's party with Mark."

" WHAT? Tony hall's party ?" She almost shouted

" Yes " I said nonchalantly . I knew she was a huge fashionista so it was kind of a big deal for her but not me.

" WITH MARK??" This time she shouted.

" yes" Why was she repeating everything..

" LIKE A DATE??"

" NOOOOO......" It was my turn to shout.

" OK" She said while wiggling her perfectly shaped eyebrows. I rolled my eyes at her and we sauntered out of the office to end the long exhausting day.....