25. on the edge of paradise

A little dedication to NewJoker72855. Please read his amazing fanfiction books based on the famous 'The Joker'. "WHY SO SERIOUS?" ;)

PART- TWO

When you get a note such as I did from a hot guy who kissed you (on cheeks at least), you expect a dinner date, flowers and all that stuff to happen but what experienced was a different kind of romantic and definitely not normal but then neither was I ever normal enough.

When I opened the passenger seat of Mr. Bentley Stark, the CEO and half owner of Stark industries; I never expected the backseat of his car to filled with grocery bags full of fruits and vegetables.

In response to my stunned expresions and questioning eyes Mr. Bentley Stark merely shrugged his shoulders to say something I never expected a guy who can own a brigade of chefs.

"What?"

"Nothing" I said. Either he used to do grocery shopping for his mansion as a routine or he wanted me to cook all that stuff, I thought. I was angry, I was confused but I thought it would be best to stay quiet instead of getting my nose everywhere even if it's not necessary.

After driving for quite a while in New York roads silently listening to Gerard way and Shawn Mendes on radio, our car turned to a familiar street. My street.

"Umm, we are going to my home?" I asked unsure. If he wanted me to cook for him I would kill him, in my mind of course. Not that I didn't know how to cook but seriously I was exhausted to my core thanks to being still in recovery stage for able to something as heavy as cooking and also because I don't like it.

Now, I was kind of weird in somethings. If I don't like it, I don't like it. No reasons asked or explanation given. My sister used to do the cooking because she liked it and honestly she was a natural. She wanted to pursue her career as a chef.

I sighed suddenly overwhelmed by the old memories. He parked his car in front of the building in my parking spot seeing that I had no car of my own, it pretty much used to stay empty all the time.

------------------------------*--------------------------------------------------*

(Clapping sound)

"You want to see one more time?" Ben asked

"Yesplease" I answered while clapping and jumping on my stool.    

"Okay. Look very carefully this time" he said and tossed one more pancake in the air to catch it just in time. I clapped once more appreciating his cooking skills.

Who knew that CEO of a company will be cooking me a meal in this crappy 2 room apartment I call as home.

He had planned out our entire evening which included of him cooking us a meal, having a candle light dinner in comfortable clothes and environment as he thought (rightfully) that I was still weak to be able to manage a fancy dinner date outside.

Andeverybody knows ( that means only women) that men who can cook automatically become twice as sexy asthose who can't.

The moment we entered the apartment he ordered me to change despite my protests. . When I came back to my living room which had an attached open kitchen because I am that poor, to say I was shocked would be an understatement.

 When I came back to my living room which had an attached open kitchen because I am that poor, to say I was shocked would be an understatement

By kitchen counter stood Mr. Bentley stark in all his glory. He had discarded his blazer and rolled the sleeves of his  blue colored shirt up till elbows. His messy after sex hair, grey sparkly eyes and that cocky smile with the tip of tongue coming out from the corner of his mouth like it did when he concentrated on something. He looked like Flynn rider from tangled. Absolutely breathe taking and unreal. How could a guy be that gorgeous?

After few minutes of displaying his acrobatic culinary skills and simultaneously preparing food we sat on the couch and started gulping down (only me) the food.

"Oh my god! It tastes so good." I spoke with my mouth full. He chuckled and shook his head

"Now now. What do we say to those who speak with food still in mouth." H e said in a tone we normally use while correcting their manners.

I grinned and said

"That they are awesome?"

His smiled widened hearing my response. We ate our food and then watched Arrow reruns while sitting on our couch. During this one scene where Oliver kisses laurel he brushed his fingers down the back of my hand gently caressing my knuckles.

My body went stiff with the onset of the contact but relaxed after few seconds but his fingers were sending tingles down my entire body, warming me from the inside. I smiled involuntarily.

His touch was so foreign yet so comforting. I wanted more of him; more of this. My inner desires were making me blush profusely. Don't go there Becca. I scold myself in a process to prevent myself from the embarrassment of getting red by a mere touch. But it was his touch.

The spell was broken my phone screaming the familiar ringtone. I picked it up hastily, happy with distraction and answered the call without looking at the number. It was a big mistake.

A familiar voice spoke that ran chills down my spine making me shiver with the deathly iciness of his voice. My hands trembled and dropped the phone after hearing the familiar husky voice.

No! it can't be.

"Hello sweetheart did youmiss me?"   

A/N

Please vote and comment to let me know how did you find this chapter.

A little hint to all those people who thought that the call in the end was from Mark. No it's  not.;)

Till next time let's see what you guys think could the possible identity of the mysterious caller.