chapter 20-

Chapter 20-

I looked at the alarm clock 11:28 I didn't mean to fall asleep but it got boring waiting for the time to pass and I must have dozed off. I got up silently picked up the necklace and put on my shoes, making my way out of the common room. I walked around the corridors in darkness. It had been a long time since I had done this and I felt scared, turning at every sound hoping Filch was standing there or to see the light of his lamp at the other side of the corridor. I made it to the astronomy tower without getting caught. I felt like I had achieved something because I hadn't been out in the dark for so long it felt new to me. I walked around the astronomy tower in circles-making myself dizzy- waiting for Draco and what he had to say.

"hey." I jumped at the sound of someone behind me, It was Draco. He was standing at the entrance of the tower staring at me.

"so what do you want?" I tried to act cool but underneath it all I was scared about what he had to say.

" sit down and I'll tell you." he pointed to the space beside him where he was now sitting on the floor. I sat down in the space I was standing in.

"fine I'll come join you." he got up from his spot and sat down beside me. We sat in silence for a few minutes I was hoping he would just tell me without me having to repeat my self again.

"what did you want to say then?"

"i wanted to explain myself."

"go on then." I told him.

"fine. Well Pansy has always liked me."

"that much I could have guessed."

"yeah and shes always around me."

"could have guessed that too."

"will you let me finish?" I held my hands up in surrender.

"thank you. So Pansy always follows me around and every time she talks to me she laughs and clings onto me and thats what you saw." I thought it over for a while.

"so why not just brush her off and why not come after me or try and tell me that until waiting until now."

" I could have brushed her off but its Pansy and I never really told her to get lost before so she would think something was wrong, I couldn't run after you because Pansy could have guessed and I knew you would be angry so what I said the other day was true, I did need a way to figure out how to apologize or how to tell you."

"you could have just told me the day later instead of waiting this long."

"you were angry you wouldn't have listened, would you have?"

"yes." he looked at me. " ok maybe not."

"thats why I waited and tried to figure out how to apologize so you would listen."

"ok." he looked at me.

"good so what do you want to talk about now." he put his arm around me.

"we can't." I jumped up.

"we can't what?"

"we can't go back to how we were."

"so you want to tell everyone about us now Amanda."

"no. I mean we can't do this anymore, we hardly no each other." he stood up and held his hand out.

"Draco Malfoy, Slytherin. my parents are Lucious and Narcissca Malfoy and we live in Malfoy manor." I looked at him and started laughing.

"who knew you had a sense of humour." he looked at me.

"i wasn't joking I was letting you get to know me." he smiled his smug smile. "your turn."

"fine." I held out my hand.

"Amanda Cliff, Gryffindor. My parents are Steven and Isla Cliff and we live on a small street in the muggle world that hardly no one lives at." he took my hand and shook it.

"there now we know each other." I looked at him.

"i wouldn't call that knowing each other."

"its a start." he said.

" fine what else do you want to know?" I looked at him.

"what?"

"what else do you want to know?"

"i think you life is easy to guess."

"really?"

"yeah you live with your parents in a manor probably... no definitely with house elves I remember Dobby. Always lived in the wizard world and never or hardly visited the muggle world so you dislike every thing about it and muggles or its how you've been brought up. You weren't the most civilized in first year so I'm guessing you never really spent time with anyone apart from your parents so your close to them."

"ok maybe you do know my life but your can't be that complicated to figure out."

"well I haven't stayed in one place like you."

"tell me." he said.

"fine. When I was younger I lived in the muggle world, my parents told me they were wizards and we moved to the wizard world. I had friends but we always moved around a lot so I didn't bother making anymore friends. The street we live on now is full of old people with no children so I hate it, there."

"what about your relationship with your parents?"

"well its not like yours."

"actually I'm closer to my mother than my father, so what about yours?"

"well where not the best tight knitted family you've met. When I'm home we hardly talk, hardly miss each other anything but I guess thats why we get on."

"what so your not close?"

"well I would miss them if they were gone they mean the world to me and that but we never talk not like when I was younger, we just sort of drifted, your actually listening?"

"well you said we don't even no each other and now we do." I looked at him.

"i wouldn't call it knowing everything about each other."

"i know your parents name, half a life story and where you live...sort of and you know the same about me." he stepped closer.

" I know something else to."

"whats that Draco?" I asked him.

"i like you Amanda and you like me, don't you?" I looked at him. Why couldn't he be like this all of the time.

"yes I do Draco."

"then thats all we need." he looked at me, I started laughing.

"what you laughing at?"

"you, I'm not used of you acting like this."

"get used to it.... well when we are together."

"oh we are together again are we?" I asked him.

"yes if you want to be."

"of course I do Draco otherwise I wouldn't have been bothered about you and Pansy." I looked at him, afraid to say what was about to come next.

"then we can be." I sat back down on the floor and he sat next to me putting his arm around my shoulder when something hard dug into my side and I remembered.

"oh here's your Christmas present" I handed the box to him.

"you got me a present."

"its nothing really."

"I'll be the judge of that." he opened the box to reveal the silver snake with emerald green eyes. He tied it around his neck.

"good job I got you something." he held out a small square box.

I opened it to reveal a ring that had little diimonty studs that were red and gold for Gryffindor, I gasped at its beauty.

"i love it and I love you Draco." I leant up and kissed him on the cheek.

"i love you too Amanda and nothing can tear us apart."