chapter 8-the kiss that changed everything

Chapter 8- the kiss that changed everything

we walked hand in hand until we got to the great hall.

“everyone ready.” Ginny asked us.

For some reason I had butterflies in my stomach and I never felt ill or frightened before. Me and Hermoine nodded and we made our was down the stairs.

At the bottom of the stairs Viktor, Dean and Neville were waiting for us and they faced the stairs as we came down.

“wow you like nice.” I laughed.

“thanks Neville, you clean up nice to.”

“want to dance?” he asked

“yeah but you got to be a professional if you don't want to look bad because I can't dance.”

“I've seen you bust a move before you can dance, you just can't slow dance and thats not until the middle and the end.”

“good.” and we made our way to the dance floor.

I was laughing at Neville dancing he could slow dance but he couldn't do fast music. I saw in the far corner Harry and Ron were sitting with the Patel twins, they were jealous that they didn't have the guts to ask Ginny and Hermoine to the dance before anyone else. The Patel twins looked like they were going to fall asleep if they didn't do anything soon. I started to laugh even more.

“whats wrong with you?” Neville asked. I pointed in Harry and Ron's direction.

“they look like they are having fun.” we both started laughing and thats when I heard it coming from the hallway beside me and Neville.

“ why were you looking at all the boys Ginny?” Dean was angry with her.

“i wasn't Dean I was looking for my brother, to see if he had a date or not.”

“you liar you were looking for Harry weren't you I knew you liked him why don't you ask him to be your boyfriend.” when he said this Ginny came running out of the hallway and headed for the exit and only me and Neville saw.

I saw Neville in the corner of my eye and he looked upset. He always had a tiny crush on Ginny and you could see it hurt him to have heard what had just happened.

“go check if shes ok.” I told him.

“Ginny she will need a friend and you can tell your worried.”

“but will you be ok?”

“course now you go.”

“thanks Amanda.” and he ran out of the door after Ginny.

I was walking around the room bored. Of course I told Neville I would be ok but I didn't tell him that it would be boring. I was walking around the edge of the room when someone came running into me.

“hey watch where your going” I shouted as he turned around. Of course it would be Malfoy.

“oh Amanda the panda I'm surprised you came in anything but jeans.” I scowled at him.

“wheres Pansy Malfoy I'm sure she would be glad that you turned up after all.” he scowled at me back and when to say something when professor Mcongall came over.

“this is a dance, not an argument between dates so start dancing or 10 points of you house, for both of you.” she walked away.

“looks like I have to grace you with my presence until she stops glaring at us.”

“fine then Malfoy.”

just as we were about to start dancing the song came to an end and a slow song started. I gave Malfoy a funny look and looked in Mcongall's direction and she was still glaring at us. Malfoy had also looked in her direction and noticed her still staring. I was looking around the room for someone to rescue me as I did this I felt someone take my hands I theres. I looked up and Malfoy had placed my hand on his shoulder and the other one in his hand and he was holding me around the waist. He was rocking us side to side and moving us around in a circle, I had never thought that Malfoy could dance I thought all he could do was bully everyone. I heard a wince come from infront of me, I looked down and noticed that I had stood on his foot I went to apologize but I heard Neville calling my name.

“well its been lovely Malfoy but I think that is my queue to leave.”

“meet me outside next to the windows in a few minutes.”

“why?”

“just do it.” and he walked off.

I went over to where my name was being called out and Neville was standing there.

“have fun without me.”

“it was ok hows Ginny?” I was worried about her.

“ shes ok, she standing over there. I said I would dance with her is that ok?” I remembered what Malfoy had said.

“yeah sure I was going to go back to the common room right now until I heard you.”

“do you want me to walk you back?” he asked sweetly

“no its ok you just go have fun Neville.” and I walked towards the door.

I didn't know why I was actually believing that this wasn't a trick set up by Malfoy but I found myself going in anyways. I turned the corner and there he was- surprisingly by himself- sitting on the window ledge. I walked over to him and he looked up.

“what do you want Malfoy?” he didn't answer me, he just sat there staring at me. It sent shivers up my spine and I immediately felt uncomfortable.

“ fine then I'm leaving.” and I walked off.

I was walking around the corner when I heard someone running then they slowed when they saw me. It was Malfoy. Fine I could put up with him following me, it didn't bother me. After about two minutes of walking around the corridors I stopped and turned around to face him, astonishing him.

“why are you following me Malfoy?”

“ I..umm..well..I just...”

“come on Malfoy spit it out its not like you not being able to talk, thats all you do.” he gave me a glare then returned to an emotionless face.

“i just wanted to tell you that you looked nice tonight.”

“and you couldn't have done that five minutes a go instead of following me like a stalker.” he was getting closer to me by the second.

“well you could appreciate what I just said because its the last time you'll here anything like that.”

“fine then I guess I will have to say thank you.” he looked at me we were nearly touching and he was waiting for me to say it.

“thank you Malfoy.”

“your welcome Amanda.”

his face was nearly touching mine, I wanted to run but he already had his hands holding my waist. I looked at him as he came closer to me and kissed me on the lips. As he did I felt overcome with emotion, love and I had only felt this in my dream. I placed my hand on his cheek pulling him even longer into the kiss. What was I doing this was Malfoy, Malfoy my worst enemy how could I be kissing him. It took all of my energy for me to drag my hand from his face onto his body and it met my other one and I pushed him away. He looked shocked at what I had just done, how could he be shocked he was the one who kissed me I should be the shocked one. My anger over took me as I slapped Malfoy across the face. Anger filled his face as tears started to form in my eyes. I ran round the corner desperately trying to reach the common room. I was angry at myself for liking the kiss and I was angry at me for slapping him. When I looked at him after I had hit him I notice the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in the whole entire world. His eyes were Grey with a hint of blue and I had only seen them once in my life. They came to me in a dream where I had felt a flood of love as soon as I saw them. Could it be, could I be falling for Draco Malfoy.....