chapter 16- back to hogwarts good or bad?

Chapter 16- back to Hogwarts good or bad?

Christmas break was good. I got new clothes off my parents along with some chocolate frogs and every flavoured beans. I bought them each a ring that attached to each others when placed together. I sent out my christmas presents late but along with the bracelet I got for Ginny I attached a thank you note for Mrs Weasley for knitting me a scarf for Christmas.

"darling are you going to pack your things, you are returning to Hogwarts at noon today."

"i know mum but its only 8."

"yes and by the time you are ready it will be time to leave to catch the train."

"fine i'll pack now."

"ok well i'll leave you to it."

I opened my wardrobe and pulled out my clothes ready to pack away. I dragged my trunk out from underneath the bed and opened it causing a loud crash on the floor. When I opened the trunk I saw a box out of the corner of my eye, I was intrigued and immediately opened it to reveal a necklace that had a snake on it. I had forgotten about the Christmas present I regretted buying all because of that day.

Flashback

I was walking the corridors wondering whether or not to give Draco his Christmas present and maybe he would bother to actually talk to me. He took things to seriously it wasn't my fault I couldn't talk to him then but he never talked to me since. I walked around the corner and started to walk up the corridor when I heard giggling.

"oh sorry, didn't mean to interrupt."

but before I left I glanced up to see who it was. That is when I saw bright blond hair facing away from me. He turned around and noticed who it was and thats when I saw her, Pansy Parkinson. I quickly walked up the corridor in a rush and ran around the corridors until I wasn't able to run no more.

Present

I hadn't talked to him since that day and he made no attempt to talk to me, so I didn't give him his Christmas present and since then I hated him he hadn't changed. He was still the same Malfoy that hated everyone but himself.

"come on dear its time to go." my dad shouted up the stairs.

I went downstairs carrying my trunk.

"are you ready." my dad asked.

"yes." he grabbed my hand along with my mums and we apparated straight away. When I opened my eyes we were standing in the all to familiar train station. We were already at platform nine and three quarters, we must have been running late. I heard the hoot of the train telling us there was five minutes until we would leave.

"looks like you have to go." my dad said.

"you have fun at school Amanda, if you need us just write." mum said.

"sure I will." I hugged them and grabbed my trunk and Emerald and got on the train. We weren't a family who showed much love towards each other whatever happened. I looked through the carriages until I found Ginny. She was sitting with Dean, Seamus and Neville. She got up when she saw me and immediately hugged me.

"oh i've missed you Amanda."

"me too Gin, thanks for the present."

"yeah you too."

I placed my trunk on top of the carriage and put Emerald's cage beside me.

"so how was your Christmas?"

"mine was good." Dean said.

"i broke the oven."

"how did you do that Seamus?"

"i put the turkey in for too long and it went boom."

"ok, how about you Neville?"

"it was ok."

we sat in silence for the rest of the trip and I managed to fall asleep out of boredom.

"Amanda come on we are here."

I looked out to see that the train had came to a stop and we were at the station at Hogwarts. I smiled immediately came onto my face. Hogwarts was my second home its where I made friends I would never forget its where I had fun with them and got into trouble. It was like any muggle school but for witches and wizards. When we got to the grand hall we sat down on the all to familiar Gryffindor table as Professor Dumbledore gave his speech about how he hoped we had a great break from school and that he hoped we were ready to get back to working hard on controlling our wizardry powers everyone had started to tuck into the food that appeared in front of us. I looked over to the Slytherin table and saw Malfoy messing on with his little decibels, he must have felt my gaze on him as he immediately looked up. When he saw me he stared at me for a couple of seconds, I glared at him and looked away. I looked at the food in front of me and felt my stomach turn. Great Malfoy had put me off my food and no one wants to come between me and my food.

"hey Ginny i'm going to the common room."

"but Amanda we just got here."

"i know but i'm just going to unpack my things and then go to bed ready for lessons tomorrow."

"ok but you better be more fun tomorrow."

"i will I promise, sisters honour and all that."

"sisters honour?"

"its a muggle thing Ginny, but i'll see you tomorrow bright and early."

"fine."

I walked out of the door and headed straight for the common room, I didn't want to think about anything else, about him. It made me feel uneasy when he stared at me especially when we weren't talking. I heard footsteps behind me. I tried to ignore them and walk faster but they just sped up and it wasn't until someone grabbed my arm and turned me around I realised who it was.

" what do you want Malfoy?"

"i just well.. to say sorry about before the holidays."

"oh you mean when you got angry for me for not meeting you because I had to go out."

"yeah."

"or because of the little situation you were caught in with Pansy the pig."

"that too, look i'm sorry."

"you think that I can forgive you with an apology as pathetic as that one."

"ermm...."

"look Draco do you want to know what I think of you. You play with people's feelings, get angry over nothing and take things to seriously. You need to lighten up and trust people and maybe you would be able to make friends if it wasn't for you being such a jack-ass."

"look Amanda..."

"no Draco go back to your followers have fun or as close to fun as yous can get and forget about everything because clearly it didn't matter to you. So no point dwelling on the past."

"Amanda i'm..."

"if your about to hand me another pathetic apology you can stick it, I don't want anything to do with you Malfoy your my enemy, so go back to the followers and Pansy and forget about me." he had a shocked look on his face.

"oh don't act shocked, can't show emotions remember Malfoy doesn't do emotions hes about as exciting as a rock, he doesn't care for anything other than his precious Slytherins." his face crunched up and his eyes glared straight through me. I decided to leave before I had time to rant about anything else that I knew wasn't true, well wasn't half true.

"yeah thats right blood traitor walk away enjoy your night because the rest of your school days are going to be a living hell."

as I rounded the corner I ran all the way to the common room. Tears were making there way down my face. I ran into the common room and straight into my bed. I still love him, I do I kept telling myself this over and over again until I finally fell asleep with tears rolling down my face.