chapter 19- making a promise to the twins

Chapter 19- making a promise to the twins

I walked into the common room where everyone was sitting around the fire. I went over to them and sat beside George.

"what punishment did he give you this time?" Ginny asked.

"he made us clean up the mess that we had caused."

"and how did it take you this long?" Fred and George said together.

"we had to do it without magic but when Snape came back he cleaned it with magic so we could leave."

"well you could have been there all night with the amount of mess you caused." Ginny Said.

"its not my fault that Malfoy has to act like that."

"well you didn't have to join in."

"wait what happened?" George asked.

"yeah tell us." said Fred.

"honestly it was nothing Malfoy said some bad things, I hit him with a spell, he hit me with a spell and then Snape walked in to his classroom which looked like a train wreck."

"and I can tell why Snape loves you." Fred added laughing.

"yeah he loves me"

"so what happens next time you get in trouble?" Ginny asked.

"he didn't say but I sort of promised him I wouldn't do it again."

"don't make promises you can't keep." Fred and George said together and everyone started laughing.

"fine I'll stay out of trouble in Snape's lessons for a month."

"and if you don't?" they asked.

"I'll do your homework for a month and I will help make potions for pranks that you do."

"deal." they said together while shaking both my hands.

"so why the campfire?"

"what do you mean campfire?" Seamus asked.

"everyone's sitting around together, never usually do."

"well what can we say we missed you little squirts." Fred and George were laughing at their snarky comment.

"yeah well we must be your only friends because I don't see many people around."

"you scared them off when you walked in Amanda."

"yeah well I do have that affect on people, surprised you haven't moved away from me though."

"well you need at least one friend.." they looked at each other "or two."

"oh thanks but your companies boring." I nudged George and he rocked and hit Fred and we all started laughing at the shocked looks on their faces.

We heard talking coming from the edge near the door as Hermoine, Ron and Harry appeared.

"you shouldn't use it Harry its cheating." Hermoine was telling him off for something.

"everyone else will be using it so he won't be cheating." Ron started telling Hermoine.

"whats up?" I asked.

"Harry is going to use some kind of portion/jelly thing so its easier for him to complete the task tomorrow." Hermoine wasn't happy about what he was doing.

"it isn't cheating madeye says everyone will be using it." Harry told us.

" you and madeye are getting a bit cosy."

"whats that supposed to mean Hermoine?"

"your always with him, talking about the tournament leaving us out."

"he has information that could help me Hermoine."

"and I couldn't help you Harry." she looked at him hurt. "well I know where I'm not wanted." she opened the portrait and walked out.

"I'll go after her." Ron said. "she might just end up arguing with you again Harry."

"fine." Harry told him and Ron walked out on the search to find Hermoine. Harry sat down next to Fred.

"we are all rooting for you tomorrow Harry." I told him.

"thanks." I looked around the room glaring at everyone else.

"yeah you'll do great."

"smashing..."

"you'll win Harry no one could beat you." Neville told him.

"thanks Neville, thanks everyone but I'm going to bed now."

"night." we all shouted after him.

"never seen them argue like that before." George said.

"Hermoine was pretty angry." Fred said

"maybe she felt useless."

"or maybe she thought she could do better."

"either way it didn't end well." they said together.

"no they'll get through it, they always do."- Neville

"well no matter if Harry wins or loses they will forgive each other."- Ginny

"i agree." I said. "but right now I'm going to bed."

"why?" Ginny asked.

"honestly Gin do you have to ask loads of questions."

"yes."

"fine I've had a long day."

"so have we."'

"oh so you had to sweep up Snape's floor without using magic, its hard work Ginny you know."

"fine night then."

"night."

I walked into the dormitory and opened my trunk silently and picked up the box containing the necklace and placed it on my bedside cabinet. I got into bed in the clothes I was wearing ready for tonight. I lay there staring at the clock I had at the side of my bed waiting to the time to pass, when it was 11:30 and I would have to leave to meet Draco.