Chapter 28

"Mr. and Mrs. Tveit, please.", the doctor's assistant said. I looked at Aaron and had to smile. "Well...", he said smirking and squeezed my hand a bit. I shook my head. "Not now.", I said and walked into the room.
Marriage? No, I wasn't read for that. Okay, that sounds ridiculous, but marriage is so... forever. I mean, I wanted to stay with Aaron forever, but... No. I just wasn't ready yet. Oh God! What if he'd propose to me?
We said hello to the doctor and I sat down and pulled my shirt up. I shivered again, because of the gel and Aaron chuckled again. "So, you want to find out about the gender?", the doctor asked. I looked at Aaron and he nodded. "Yes, we do.", he said smiling. The doctor smiled and looked at the monitor. "Well... You have a healthy little..." I squeezed Aaron's hand a bit.
Whatever it would be, I would love it. More than anyone else. And I would protect it. Forever. Aaron and I would protect it. I would cradle and feed it and he would sing for it and be the best dad in this universe.
It was our little speckle.
"... girl.", he said smiling. I gasped and looked at Aaron with big eyes. "A girl! Aaron, it's a girl!", I said and started crying with happiness. He looked at the monitor with widened and tearfilled eyes and nodded. "A girl. It's a girl...", he whispered and looked at me. "Oh God, Scar. We have a girl...!", he said and kissed me passionately. "A girl, a beautiful little speckle girl. She's so amazing, she's perfect!", he said and started crying as well. The doctor smiled and left the room for some minutes. Aaron wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. "Thank you, thank you so so much. God, Scar, I love you so much.", he said and kissed me again. I smiled widely and stroked his cheek. "We'll have a beautiful little girl...", I said and wiped away his tears. "A perfect little Scarlett...", he said and smiled widely. He kissed me again, this time with even more passion than before.
We parted after some moments, then the doctor came back. "So here is your picture.", he said and gave it to me. "Thank you so much.", I said and smiled widely. We said goodbye and walked back to the car. I looked at the picture the entire time and smiled widely. "Our little girl...", I whispered smiling. Aaron smiled widely and drove us home. He just wanted to say something, when my phone rang. "Hello?", I asked. "Scarlett?", a female voice asked.
I gasped and held my breath.
"Mom...?"