Chapter 31

I started shaking a bit, thinking about, what my mother did back then. It took me a moment until I realized, that Aaron didn't breathe anymore. I sat up and looked at him. "Aaron? Are you okay?", I asked worried. "And then?", he asked me, without looking at me. "What happened then?" I sighed quietly.
"I woke up in the hospital. I had several stitches in my neck and a little scar. The police took me away from my parents and I could live together with Nat in her small apartment, before we moved into a bigger house." He looked at me and sat up, too. He took my hair and laid it on my right shoulder. "Aaron, no, don't..." He shook his head and pulled me onto his lap. He didn't see it yet and I didn't want him to see it, so I tried to stand up. He laid his arm around me, to keep me on his lap. I felt his breath tickling in my neck and his finger stroking over it. My eyes filled with tears, when his finger met my scar.
I felt the heat of his body coming closer, as I felt his lips laying on it. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "It's beautiful.", he whispered, his lips still laying on it. The tears fell from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. He parted and looked at me. "It's hideous.", I whispered. "Shh... It's not.", he said and kissed me gently. The tears on my cheeks fell on his now as well. He laid his arms carefully around me and stroked over my back. "They will never hurt you again. And your mom won't come close to you. Or our baby.", he whispered, after I laid my head on his shoulder. I nodded slightly.
"I'm sorry, Aaron.", I whispered. "Shh, you don't have to apologize." I looked at him and wiped away my tears on his face. "I do.", I said quietly. "I'm sorry, for beeing your pregnant girlfriend with terrible mood changes. And I'm sorry, if I treated you wrong. Or will treat you wrong. Please remember that I always love you and that you are the most perfect guy a girl could wish for and the most amazing dad on this planet, okay?" He smiled and nodded. "And I love you, my pregnant girlfriend with terrible mood changes. And I always will.", he said smiling and kissed me gently.