Chapter 46

I had a little walk with Aaron's parents and the twins in their stroller, while Aaron had to do some work at home.
"So, how is the new life as mother?", his father asked me smiling, as we were walking through the Central Park. "It's..." I laughed quietly. "I can't even tell you. I just feel so amazing and happy every time the twins are with me. They also smile already. Well, they try.", I said smiling and looked at them.
They were sleeping peacefully, George's tiny hand was wrapped around Natalie's. "You are a perfect mother.", Mrs. Tveit said smiling. I blushed slightly. "Thank you very much, Mrs-" "Ah ah! No more Mrs. Please, you're a part of our family now.", she said. I smiled at her and then at Mister T-, Stanley. "Thank you, Posie." She smiled at me.
Although we had a very rough start, we were very close now. She became more of a mother to me than my actual one. I shivered a little, thinking about her.
If she would come near my speckles...
If she would touch them...
I tightened the grip around the stroller and the blood started to rush through my veins. No one would ever hurt them. I knew it. Before that would happen I would sacrifice myself.
I never understood the love of a mother for her child, because my mother never showed me this love. But now I felt that love myself. I would do anything to protect my little speckles. I would jump off a cliff, if I had to. As long as they would be safe.
We arrived at home again and I quietly opened the door. I took a step inside - Posie was now holding the stroller - when I froze. I quickly closed the door again and turned around. "Get them out of here.", I whispered in a firm voice. "What?", Posie asked confused. "Get thentwins out of here. Go home with them, so they stay safe, please." She looked at me in confusion, but nodded. I looked at them, they were still sleeping.
Tears started to fill my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. "I love you. I love you so much, my little speckles.", I whispered and kissed their foreheads. "You will be safe, no one will hurt you." They whined quietly, making me sob. "I love you so so much." I kissed their heads and looked at Posie and Stanley.
"Go now." They nodded and left with the twins. I took a deep breath and entered the apartment, being glad, my twins were safe from...
Her.