Chapter 35

"And the baby?", Aaron asked quietly, after I finished. I looked at him.
Oh God. How would he react...?
"Umm... Our baby... She-"
"Ah, Aaron, you woke up!", I heard a female voice. We both looked up and the black haired nurse came in. "How do you feel?", she asked and stepped next to the bed. "Marissa?", Aaron asked confused. "Hey stranger.", she said and winked at him. "You're working here?" She nodded and smiled proudly. "As you see. Tell me, how do you feel?", she asked. "I'm okay. I still feel a bit dizzy, but I'm fine.", Aaron replied. "Great. I will call for your doc.", she said and typed something on her beeper. She looked up at him and smiled. They looked at each other for a moment, then she looked at me.
"Oh, so this is your girlfriend?", she asked, but she didn't sound as happy as before. "Yes, that's Scarlett.", Aaron said smiling and kissed my hand. I smiled slightly and looked at her. "You know each other?", I asked confused. "Well, yeah. I met her in a coffee shop some months ago. But we didn't see each other since then.", Aaron explained and smiled at her. She replied his smile.
I started to feel uncomfortable. Did he like her? Well, it seems like she liked him. What if he would fall in love with her?! I shook my head slightly and smiled at Aaron. Marissa just wanted to say something, when the doctor came in. "Well, Mister Tveit, how do you feel?", he asked smiling. "I'm fine. But what about the driver of the other car?", he asked and looked at Doctor Brooks. I had to smile.
Aaron, always worried about others. But now I had to think about the other driver as well. Was he hurt? Oh God, was he maybe dead?! And why did his car hit ours? Was it even an accident? Yes, yes of course! Why would someone hit our car on purpose?
"Oh, she is alright. She also has some bruises and scratches, but she's alive.", Doctor Brook explained. "May we visit her?", Aaron asked. "Yes, sure."
Doctor Brooks led us to a room in the middle of the corridor and opened the door. We stepped inside, but I quickly took a step back.
"Scar? Scar, what is it?", Aaron asked concerned and looked at me. I looked at him and tears started to fill my eyes. It took me a long moment, before I could whisper an answer.
"That's my mom...."