Chapter 33

No! No, Aaron please! Aaron, wake up! Please, I beg you!
I was yelling, but my voice didn't want to leave my mouth.
I couldn't yell, I couldn't move...!
AARON!
I opened my eyes, but immediately closed them again, when the light met them. I started blinking for a few seconds and eventually opened my eyes. I groaned and looked around.
The room was white and bothering; the walls, the ceiling, the bed.
And this beeping.
Wait, beeping?
I sat up and held my head. "Ugh...", I groaned. I looked down at myself, I had bruises on my arms and legs and some scratches. I also had some blood spots on my dress, arms and legs.
Then the door opened and a woman with brown hair came in and smiled. "Oh, you're awake! How do you feel?", she asked and came toward me. "Where am I? Where is Aaron?", I asked and looked at her. She pulled out her beeper and typed something on it. "How do you feel? Do you feel sick?", the woman asked. I looked at her, she wore a light blue uniform, so I guessed she was a nurse.
Sick?
Sick!
Shit!
"My baby... What is with my baby?!", I asked, this time with a stronger voice. "Miss, please. The doctor will explain everything to you.", she said and that second a man came in and smiled at me. "Well, Miss Lincoln, how do you feel?" "Where is Aaron? What is with my baby?!", I asked, ignoring his question. "Miss Lincoln-" "Scarlett." I hated it, when someone called by my last name. "Scarlett, please, you have to calm down. Mister Tveit is a little more injured." I gasped and tears started to fill my eyes. "But he's-?" "Shh, Miss, you have to calm down. Your partner is in the room at the end of the floor.", the nurse said.
"Yes, he is alive. He's still sleeping, but he should wake up soon.", he explained. "And my baby?!" He looked at the nurse. She nodded and left the room.
No... No!! No! Please no! Not my baby, not my little speckle!!
Before the doctor could say anything I bursted into tears.
No. Not my baby. She couldn't be dead!!! Not before she didn't even had a chance to live!
"Scarlett.", the doctor said and took my hands in his. "Please, let me explain." I pulled my hands back and laid my face in them. The tears poured down my cheeks and I could barely breathe.
No... My little speckle... No, she couldn't be dead....!