Chapter 34

"Scarlett, please." I shook my head and sobbed loudly.
No, no, no, I didn't want to hear it! If he'd say it... No! No! No. Not my little speckle...
"Scarlett, your baby-" "No! No, please! Please, don't say-" "Is fine.", the doctor interrupted me. I looked at him with big eyes, the tears still didn't want to stop pouring. "What?", I breathed. "Your baby is fine.", he said again. "And why... why did the nurse leave?" That second she came back and handed the doctor a small picture. "But there is something.", he said and showed me the picture. I looked at it and had to smile slightly. My baby was okay. "Do you see this little spot right next to her head?", he asked and laid his finger next to another little grey speckle. I looked at him and nodded. "Yes." He gave me the picture and smiled.
"Well, this is your second baby." My head shot up and I looked at him with even bigger eyes than before.
My... what?! What second baby?!
"My second baby?" The doctor nodded. "We couldn't see it before because he hid behind his sister." I gasped and looked at the picture.
He...?
"It's a boy?" The doctor nodded again. "A girl AND a boy?", I asked, still trying to figure out what happened. "Yes, congratulations.", he said and smiled. Another nurse came in, she had black hair and green eyes. "Doctor Brooks? Aaron- Umm, I mean, Mister Tveit is waking up." The doctor looked at me. "If you feel strong enough, you can see him." I nodded fiercely and got up. I looked at the nurse and wondered why she called him Aaron at first. Doctor Brooks led me to a room in the end of the corridor and slowly opened the door.
We entered the room, it was filled with machines and a bed, Aaron laying in it. "You can talk to him.", doctor Brooks said and left. I walked over to his bed and sat down. He had scratches and bruises like me and his jacket was shredded. I took his hand in mine and kissed it. "Aaron? Can you hear me?", I asked quietly. He squeezed my hand a bit and I had to smile slightly. "Please, wake up. I need to tell you something." He groaned quietly and slowly opened his eyes. "S-Scar?" His voice was broken and rough. "I'm here.", I said and carefully kissed his forehead. "What happened? Where are we?" I stroked over his hand and started explaining everything.