Chapter 13

The woman had blonde hair and the same blue eyes as Aaron. She smiled widely, when she saw him. "Aaron, honey!", she said happily and hugged him tightly. "Hey, mom...", he said a little embarrassed, but smiling. She let him go and looked at me. I was sure, that her smile faded away a bit. "You have to be Scarlett.", she said. "I am. It's nice to finally meet you.", I said and smiled. "It's nice to meet you, too.", she said and stepped aside. "Come in." Aaron laid his arm around my waist and pulled me inside.
We walked through a small corridor and entered a huge living room. A man was sitting on the couch, then he looked up from his newspaper, when he heard us. "Aaron, son!", he said and came toward us. He hugged Aaron smiling. "Finally visiting your old man again, hm?" Aaron chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, it's nice to see you, too, dad." His father hit his shoulder a bit. "You know, that I'm just making some jokes, right?", he said smiling. Then he looked at me. "And you have to be Scarlett.", he said smiling and reached out his hand. "Very nice to meet you." I took his hand shyly and smiled slightly. "It's nice to meet you, too."
He smiled and looked at Aaron. "She's a very pretty thing, you made a good choice.", his father said. I tried as good as possible, not to blush, but it was impossible. His father laughed a bit about my reaction. "You really don't have to be shy, lovely. I won't bite you.", he said smiling. I looked at him and smiled slightly. "Would you like to have something to drink? Or to eat?", his mother asked and came toward us.
"Oh, I don't need something. Do you, Scar?", Aaron asked and looked at me. "Oh, maybe a glass of water, if that's not too much to ask..." His mother looked at me and gave me an arrogant nod. "Sure.", she said and walked into the kitchen. I looked down at my hands. "Hey...", Aaron said and lifted my chin. His arm was still around my waist and he pulled me closer. "Don't worry.", he whispered and gave me a gentle kiss. I smiled slightly. His mom came back, but Aaron said something before she could hand me the glass of water. "We have to tell you something.", he said. "What is it, honey?", his mother asked. Aaron looked at me and smiled. I looked into his eyes, but I couldn't reply the smile. My heart started to race, I started to breathe faster. His father looked at me concerned. "Aaron, come on, tell us...", he said, still looking at me.
"Scarlett is pregnant with my baby.", Aaron finally said and in the same second the glass in his mother's hand fell on the ground and shattered into thousand of pieces.