Chapter 20: Cupid and her partner in Crime are in trouble

Chapter 20: Cupid and her partner in Crime are in trouble

Sadly, it was Monday, the most dreaded day of the week. Getting out of bed, I checked my blog. Smiling, I saw my profile picture which was the contest winner of the best picture with a potato. It was this girl that was crying over a plate of French fries. Scrolling through my blog I found multiple comments telling me to do a live twitcam or tell them who I am. Shaking my head I went changed and got ready for school.

        By the time I was downstairs, I saw a super sad Britton at the kitchen island, moping in his cereal bowl. Curious as to why my brother was so sad, I dropped my bag at the kitchen entrance and sat across from him.

        “Why the sad face, bro?” I asked as I locked my hands together and placed them in front of me on the counter. Britton looked up from his cereal, with a serious sad face and that’s when I knew I’ve seen this before. Rolling my eyes, I slumped in my chair.

        “Britton, don’t tell me its girl issues?” I said giving him a pointed look. Britton nodded slightly in response.

        “Dude, Britton, whatever her name was a total Barbie and plus she was using you for your dic-” I was about to finish when Aunt Lucy came in.

        “Char…” She said giving me a pointed looking knowing how I was going to finish that sentence.

        “Fine she was using you for your… um… dingaling?” I said not sure if I had used the write word choice. Aunt Lucy stifled a laugh behind me while Britton snorted. Hey, at least I got him to somewhat laugh!

        “Britton, you’ve never been upset over a girl, so why over this girl?” I asked honestly curious since he was never like this over relationships.

        “Well, maybe it’s that my little sister has a boyfriend now. I feel lonely now.” He said in a sad tone. A smile crept on my face.

        “You’ll get used to it. That’s why you should use the internet.” I said as I patted Britton on the back and grabbed my back, ready to go to school.

*

        “Britton, I’m sure there is a girl for you out there! She could be closer than you think!” I said as I soothed him while he pulled into the dreaded school parking lot.

        “I really hope so and homecoming is coming up and it’s senior year and I’m the quarterback so I kind of need to have a date or I’ll be a lameo.” He sighed as we both got out.

        “Well cupid is somewhere.” I said as I waved to Britton and headed into the school. As I walked to my locker I found Michelle and Emily standing there giggling.

“What’s so funny?” I asked them as I spun the dial on my locker.
“Our little Char is growing up!” said Emily as she pinched my cheeks. Swatting away Emily’s hand I looked at the two of them confused.

“What do you mean ‘growing up’?” I asked as I pushed my hair behind my ear.

“Oh please, it’s not like we don’t know about you and Chase.” said Michelle as she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively. Blushing I turned back to my locker and started grabbing books from my locker. As I closed my locker shut, Michelle and Emily’s voices quieted down. Surprised as to why they stopped talking, I turned around to find my waist pulled into a chest. Looking up I saw I was in Chase’s grasp. A cheeky smile played on his face.

“Heard you guys were talking about me.” He stated as I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled back at him.

“When do you not hear your name?” I asked rolling my eyes.