Chapter 8: Fast and Furious

Chase lunged at Jake and the crowd made a circle around them watching in awe as the two fought. My jaw dropped and my feet were stuck to my spot like glue. Chase punched Jake square in the jaw, which was sure to leave a bruise. But then Jake punched Chase, giving him a black eye. As Jake was going in for another punch, Chase grabbed his fist, but then I noticed it.

“Chase! He has a-” I started to say when Chase himself realized what happened. Jake had a small pocket knife in his hand and had cut Chase’s palm. Chase backed up hold his hand. Crimson blood seeped from the big gash that ran across the length of his palm. He looked up from his hand back at Jake. Jake smirked and twirled the knife in between his fingers. Chase shook out his hand, and walked right back to Jake. Really? Your manly pride is more important than possibly getting knifed?!?! Boys...

Jake was the first to make a move. He charged forward and swung at Chase, but Chase dodged and backed up. Chase was bouncing on his toes, waiting for Jake to make another move, but surprising Jake’s shoulders relaxed. Chase saw this and he let himself relax. But that wasn’t such a good choice because as soon as Jake saw Chase relax, he slashed at him. Chase staggered back clutching his stomach. he looked down at his shirt, blood seeping through it. Before Chase could react, I grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the shack.

The cold air of the night hit my face. Behind me, Chase was groaning and moaning. As I reached my car, I threw my backup in the backseat and helped Chase into the passenger seat. Walking around, I looked back at the shack. The party had dispersed and everyone was on their way home. I sat in the driver’s seat and leaned over to Chase.

“Let me see your hand.” I demanded. Grunting, Chase placed his hand in my palm. Ignoring the electric jolts going through my body I examined the cut. It was wide and deep, the blood seeming never to stop. I looked over at the gash in his side. Letting go of his hand, I gripped the steering wheel and put the car in drive.

I was surprised that I didn’t get pulled over for speeding because I was going way above the speed limit. He’s starting to rub off on me. As I parked the car in the garage, Chase climbed out. I led him inside and directed him to the kitchen, and I went upstairs to grab the first aid kit. Rushing back down, I saw his shirt was basically drenched in sweat and blood. Chase sat on the stool, his head bowed. I approached him slowly and took his hand. Opening the alcohol bottle, I took a cotton ball and began dabbing his wound with the liquid.

“SHIT!” he yelled as I continued to dab the wound.

“The fuck, Knight!” he said still screaming. Once I had done cleaning the wound I looked at him.

“By the way, it might hurt.” I said with a smirk. He rolled his eyes as I grabbing the needle and some medical thread. After sterilizing the needle I began to stitch up the wound. His fingers began to curl up as a reaction to the pain.

“Charlotte, what did I do? Why are you making me go through this pain? Man, it fucking hurts!” he hissed at me. Smiling, I said nothing in return. After stitching the wound up, I wrapped his hand in a white cloth. I then stood up and looked at his shirt.

“Take your shirt off.” I said bluntly. A smirk played on Chase’s lips as I said that.

“Thought you would never ask, babe.” he whispered. My blood rushed to my cheeks and I turned away, busying myself with the gaze and needle. After I cleaned my utensils, I turned back around and eyes were staring at a chest. Well, not just any chest, but a well-defined chest. As my eyes traveled up, my eyes met those of Chase’s. His lips turned up into his infamous smirk. Eventually my eyes landed back on his chest but this time it was a tattoo. Well, actually two tattoos. One was on his side, it was a set of roman numerals, and the other tattoo was on his left forearm. I was surprised because first, I had never noticed them and second, because they were different.