Chapter 12: Blackmailing with a Hint of Lipstick

I shook my head vigorously. No, no, no. This could not be happening. This is just a dream. I pinched myself to make sure I was dreaming all of this, but sadly it hurt. Rubbing my arm, I put of a joker like grin and continued shaking my head.

“Charlotte? You okay? You look like a serial killer with that look.” Chase asked as he stepped forward just as I took a step back.

“Yeah. I’m alright! I’m fine. Why wouldn’t I be?” I said shrugging as my back hit my bedroom door. I tried to think of all the topics to deviate him from the original question.

“So, you want to answer my earlier question? Are you ‘The Anon’ or not?” He asked with a straight face. Looks like he’s not backing off. Well, two can play at this game.

“Who’s ‘The Anon’?” I asked putting air quotations around ‘The Anon’.

“You know, that super famous teen blogger.”

“Oh her! Wow, Chase what would you make me think I would be her?! That’s ridiculous!” I nervously chuckled, my palms starting to make a pool of sweat.

“Um, I don’t know, Charlotte. Maybe that your laptop’s screen right now is her blog.” He said as he crossed his arms and had a smirk of victory on his face. My heart stopped. Pushing past him I walked closer to my laptop to see my laptop open to my blog. How could I be so stupid? Turning around, Chase leaned against my bedroom door waiting for me to answer, but my voice was lodged in my throat. Quickly, I ran to my bedroom window and checked out the window to see if anyone was there. Then I pushed Chase away from the door and looked out into the hallway to make sure no one was there either. After the coast was clear I turned back to Chase.

“Chase, pretty please don’t tell anyone. I’ll even get on my knees.” I begged, hands clasped together, my eyes pleading.

“I knew you would get on your knees for me one day, Charlotte. They all come around eventually.” He said as he winked at me, his sexual innuendo finally catching up with my slow processing brain. Blushing, I looked down at my mismatched socks and shuffled my feet.

“Chase! I’m serious! Please, I’m freaking begging you, please don’t tell anyone. Not even my brother!”

“Why can’t I tell anyone? If I did you would finally be on top of that stupid high school ‘social ladder’ and date Calvin.” He said in a matter-of-fact tone.

“No, no, no. It wouldn’t work like that. People’s views would change about me and I don’t want that. I wouldn’t be allowed to have fun blogging anymore. People would bug me about it. You know what? I started that stupid blog to rant and vent out my feelings. It wasn’t supposed to be for anyone’s eyes except mine. But what did I do? I made one stupid rant that everyone could relate to!” I said my voice rising a bit as my rant continued.

“Charlotte, calm down. I won’t tell anyone.” He said as he placed his hands on my shoulder. My body relaxed for a second, but then tensed up. He wouldn’t agree to shut up about me being a world famous blogger. No, there was catch to this.

“Wait, what’s the catch?” I asked suspiciously.

“Come on, Charlotte. You don’t trust me?” He asked as he stepped closer. I stared at him my arms crossed over my chest.

“God, that’s a bit hurtful that you don’t trust me, but there is no catch.” Chase continued.

“I swear to God, Chase Parker, if you spill of secret I will ruin your life through the internet.” I warned him, but he just laughed.