Chapter 4: High School Drama is Shit

As I opened my mouth to chastise him for what he did in the parking lot his hand clamped over my mouth. Then panic set in. Shit! Is he gonna take me to janitor’s closet and you know do the thing he is notorious for? WHY ME?! Then an idea popped in my mind. I slightly bit down on his hand, but apparently I bit down too hard.

            “Shit! Charlotte! The fuck was that for?” he asked waving his hand back and forth.

            “I don’t know maybe that you were probably planning on taking to the janitor’s closet and…” I stopped myself.

            “And what?” he promoted. I bit my lip, I really shouldn’t have opened my big mouth.

            “Nothing. Why are you here? To apologize for embarrassing me in the parking lot?” I asked folding my hands across my chest.

            “No, I meant to do that. I come to give you your lunch. You left it in my car.”

            “Then why was it necessary to clamp my mouth shut?”

            “You would have probably started yelling at me. That attracts attention, and you don’t like attention.”

            “Fine, fine whatever. Bye” I said walking away. As I reached the corner I looked both ways to see if anybody saw the two of us, and thankfully the hallways were clear. Looking back, I saw Chase looking at me, his green eyes glazing over me. Immediately I felt uncomfortable under his eyes and I hurried away clutching my Biology textbook against my chest.

*

            I sat down at the lab table in the back of the Biology class room. Michelle came running in and sat down next to me.

            “Char… everyone is looking at you.” she whispered in breathlessly.  Looking up from my textbook I saw ever pair of eyes on me, especially little miss I’m so perfect and I have already been nominated for Miss Universe, Alison Miller. Her eyes literally bore a hole through my soul. Slowly I tore my eyes away from her and looked back at my textbook, but even then I could feel her eyes on me.

            “Michelle, why are they staring at me?” I whispered back at her.

            “Because there’s been a rumor that you and Chase hooked up last night so that’s why he dropped you off today. And everybody knows your brother is super over protective of you. Remember that time you lost your virginity, and he basically smashed that boy’s…”

            “Shhhh! Man, don’t say that out loud!” I squealed looking around to see if anybody heard.

            “Sorry! So anyways everybody thinks there is going to be a fight.” She finished off. I sat there with my mouth open wider than the Pacific Ocean. Holy shit.

*

            Biology ended just as I was about to rip my head open from all these people staring at me. See I wouldn’t have been so concerned if they stared, but then spoke to me, but these people just stared. The bell signifying the end of class rung and I jumped out of my seat and ran.

            I ran to my locker and fell back against it. I opened it up and dumped my stuff and grabbed my Psychology book, and got ready to go to my free period. As I closed my locker shut, there stood behind it Alison. My entire body went rigid. She stood there, her body leaning against the lockers. Her thin arms crossed her chest, as she looked me straight in the eye.