Chapter 20: Sick

Two weeks later....
First Week of December

Bres 😘👂🏽: Think I'm catching a cold babe, I feel like shit, I won't be in class today. Already emailed my profs and said they can give you my work 😘🤒, come see meeeeee....

I rub my eyes and yawn as I get up and out of my bed reading my text messages. Aww my baby, I don't have work today so I'll go over there after class. Bres gave me a key to his place and he had a key to mine. I trusted him with my life and felt like I needed his safety now.

I had gotten two more text messages last week. I lied to Breslin and went to the police, but they told me the numbers were from burner phones and untraceable. Something could only be done if Xavier broke the current restraining order already implemented in the state of Georgia. The officers told me not to worry about it like it didn't matter. So my life didn't matter, ok.

I told Ms. Clark and she was more worried about the current state of my relationship with my mother. We haven't spoken since that day after Thanksgiving and to be honest, I wasn't tripping. I felt like I could breathe and someone wasn't controlling my every mood. However, my Mom cut off my credit card and car insurance, but this was the exact reason why I had gotten a job and my own credit card. Financially, I was doing ok though. So, if she thought I would call and beg, she thought wrong.

Ms. Clark said she told both of us we need to stop being so stubborn. No, we need to stop paying you for your bullshit ass therapy. I told her about my winter break plans and she said she was surprised at the changes I was making. I changed my major as well. What the fuck was UCLA going to do, send my Mom a notice? No it didn't work like that.

I was scheduled to take journalism, communications, and media courses next semester and I was too excited. Breslin helped me make that decision. "It's your life babe, your Mom's name isn't going be on your degree". He was the biggest support system. He made my depression seem non existent most days.

That reminds me of one of my YouTube subscribers comments'. I was filming a hair tutorial and Breslin's lanky arms and long legs walked behind and I rolled my eyes when he ducked down to get his shoes and kissed my cheek. It looked cut so I just cut it in as a blooper before editing the rest.

90sxRayne: Mack, is that your boyfriend?! I think I saw him on your IG! You should do the boyfriend or couples tag! Love your videos!

I was going ask him to see what he thought. I know he was probably overworked with his classes, Presidency, pledging, and still managing to be a great boyfriend. Bres was attentive, caring, and an overall gentleman. I was seriously thinking about letting him officially have all of me and taking in all of him literally.

I text him back and sent him a quick Snap of myself about to get in the shower saying feel better. He replied via Snapchat in his bed poking that juicy lip out, "You just made it worse, now I got blue balls Kenz". I laughed before getting ready to head to class. It was the last week of classes before finals and I had three exams to study for, two papers to finish, and a project to complete. Sparks' was planning a sleepover cram session at her house this weekend.

I got through my class day Breslin-less and the crew teased me when we were in Hip-Hop Music class. Dr. Lamar dismissed us, "Alright everyone, I expect your playlists and papers to be turned via TurnItIn by next Wednesday". I told the crew I'd catch them later because Breslin was sick. Ant was staying over at Ty's because basketball season was in full swing and he couldn't afford to get sick.

I drove over to Breslin's house but not before stopping at Target to get some flu essentials and some stuff to make soup. I parked, went to their apartment, and went to their floor, and I stopped and saw Courtney storming out of the boys' apartment. She was buttoning up her jacket in a hurry; she looked up , saw me and smirked before leaving down the other stairwell.