Chapter 30: Going MIA

Six weeks later...
Los Angeles, CA
March 2017

"I can't wait Courtney, you better show us what Miami is about". We just finished wrapping up our new sexual assault campaign which was going to be implemented on campus starting April 2017. It was called MAC, Make a Call, which was going to motivate students to make calls, tweets, etc. about  issues on campus with everything from relationship violence, LGBTQ, sex ed, and mental health to our hotline ran by UCLA students.

Courtney and I were actually friends now, despite me almost wanting to stomp her out last semester. We had more in common that I assumed; she was a victim of rape in high school at a homecoming party. We shared stories and tears, so this campaign was equally important to us and we worked hard on it as co-directors. She was deserving of a guy like Breslin, but definitely not mine, so I hooked her up with Kyree. Another swirly couple to add to the group and they looked cute and happy. What can I say? If she tried me again, I kept an ex-enemy close and shame on me. But shit Yamonie was a friend forever and look what happened.

"You know I got you, Spring Break is going be lit. Midterms killed me, so I need this". We laughed as we walked out of the UCLA Recreation Office and to our cars. It was Friday around 6pm and everybody was flying out tonight on a red eye at 11pm to Miami to start our Spring Break and celebrate Ty and I's birthday.

Miami was five hours away and three hours ahead so we'd arrive early Saturday morning. Today was Friday, the 10th, Ty's was Saturday the 11th, and my birthday was the 12th tht Sunday. We were going stay until that Wednesday. Five beautiful days in Miami...with my Bres....

"Man, me too. I mean, I like Professor Cole, but that presentation and paper were ridiculous. Alright, see you at the airport in a few". I got in my TC and left for my studio. All the couples however were linking up at LAX at 8pm to go through security, check-in, and whatnot. I still had to pack my personal belongings and carry on bag. Breslin as always was talking shit about me being late.

Bres 😘👂🏽: How I beat you here and I was way further than you?

I parked and got out my car as I was walking and typing approaching my building. Just then, another message came from Breslin.

Bres 😘👂🏽: What I tell yo ass about walking with your head down and texting and about wearing sundresses? My booty is saying hi to the world and I don't like it.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes as I stopped and turned around to see Breslin walking my way with a smirk on his face. My golden eyed baby....

Breslin and I became much closer, if that was even possible, after my Mom's random arrival. We always were either showing love, making love, or saying I love you. Two more firsts were celebrated, our first Valentine's Day and the mark of our three-month anniversary and we're going on four this month.

For V-Day, he had a dozen roses delivered to all my classes that day and at work. It was so romantic and embarrassing getting escorted on a security cart through campus with bouquets of roses. I ended up getting him a me a pair of suede red Pumas and we also went to dinner that night at Cut, a real upscale steakhouse in Downtown Los Angeles.

mackinhangin (Picture surrounded by roses): 🌹🌹🌹 Each one represents a different reason why @breslininc holds my ❤️❤️❤️

And for our 3-month anniversary, we crossed another item off our original "List" and my personal bucket list. Breslin took me to Disneyland and I felt like a 5 year-old again and had the most fun in my life. He bought us matching ears and matching Nike Roshes for walking both Disneyland and the more adult side, California Adventure. Cars Land was my favorite part.