Chapter 2: Sparkle & Snapchat

MWF Class Schedule

MATH151 - Statistics | ENG155 - Creative Writing | BIO100 - Intro to Anatomy + LAB | MUS101 - Hip-Hop Music

14 units plus trying to find a job better be enough. But then again, nothing is ever enough for her. I park my car and think to myself before I enter my first class. I HATE Math, so I'd rather just get it out the way early in the morning. I'm a Pre-Med major, not by choice, so I better get used to Math. I paid for a parking permit, snapped a selfie, before I uploaded it to Instagram.

@mackinhangin_ : First day as a UCLA Bruin !!!

I throw my phone in my bag and set foot for Eucalyptus Hall - Rm 213. As I'm walking, I'm bombarded with college overload - from clubs trying to recruit, dudes hunting for prey, and freshman like myself lost in the sauce. As I looking down at the campus map, I bump into a girl and we collide shoulders.

"Ouch, wow, man I'm so sorry - omg are you ok?", I ask the girl as I help her gather her belongings I dropped from the ground.

"Oh yea, accidents happen, besides you see how big I am, how can I not run into people?" She coyly laughed at her own joke and I awkwardly giggle. The girl appeared to be what some would call "thick", she was about 5'6 and had a lower half that could go on for daysssssssss. Her hair is what stood out to me next. I thought I had thick hair, but her curls were ridiculous in a good way. Perfect ringlets.

"Well I have man shoulders, so I hope I didn't hurt you", trying to break the ice with my own awkward joke.

"Pssssssh you mean model shoulders, bihhhhh, I'd kill for yo body. I'm Sparkle by the way. Yes, I know I have a stripper name, but that's why I'm at UCLA instead of Barbary Coast." I give her a confused look and introduce myself. "Oh let me guess, you're definitely not from California, are you?"

I laugh, "What gave it away?" Sparkle replied, "Well for starters, you bumped into me and said sorry, we don't do that, we keep it pushing. Also, your style, girl it's 90 degrees and you have on a crewneck." I look down at her sundress and sandals and smirk, "Well I like being dressed for any situation, and you're right I'm from Atlanta."

"I love Atlanta! Well, you will definitely get to know LA sooner or later. You look lost too, where are you going?" Thank you Jesus. I don't know why but Sparkle reminded me of Yamonie with her larger than life personality. As Sparkle and I walked, we discovered we have two courses together, and were practically next door neighbors within the same apartment complex. We reached Statistics class with about five minutes until it started. In those five minutes, Sparkle and I exchanged all social media contacts and numbers and started being silly on her Snapchat.

Sparkle: (Video) In my first class, whoop, my academics about to be LIT!!!!! Only A's. Hey Snap, y'all say hi to my new homegirl, Mack, who is new from the A. I'm about to show her how we do it out here on the Wesssssst! Mack say hey ! Add her snap: @mackinhangin_

I nervously wave and smile. Yep, she's definitely Yamonie reincarnated. I feel my phone going off as the professor walks in the classroom. Who would have thought, damn near knocking a girl down, we'd end up being friends....

--------
Really short chapter, but just introducing characters ! It pretty much takes off from here with chapter length too so bare with me ! Appreciate the reads !